Windows 10: Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

Discus and support Disable mouse wake up in modern standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have new laptop Dell which support modern standby. There is one thing, I can't disable mouse to prevent waking up from modern standby. My mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Radoslav_SK, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

Hi,

I have new laptop Dell which support modern standby. There is one thing, I can't disable mouse to prevent waking up from modern standby. My mouse does not have power switch, so every time when I put my laptop to backpack it wakes up, because of mouse.

I have tried disable it in device manager, but it is already disabled

Disable mouse wake up in modern standby 8f95cb42-db62-48a3-9d7d-6010d1552847?upload=true.png

So I have tried this in elevated command line, but it does not work too:

powercfg /devicedisablewake "Logitech USB Input Device"
    You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.

How I can properly disable wake event from input mouse ?

Disable mouse wake up in modern standby 53cdaaa9-70df-435a-b4a6-cbc776db6a80?upload=true.png

:)

Radoslav_SK, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Jong Win User

Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby)

So, I've spent the last week scouring the web for this and failed!

I am trying to wake a Dell XPS laptop overnight to run maintenance tasks, including backup to local network server, and so far it has proven impossible.

While in the "Resiliency Phase" (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...modern-standby) all apps run in an Interactive Session are suspended by the Desktop Activity Moderator, but tasks running In Session-0 appear able to run. However, once the computer has entered DRIPS any task that relies on sleeping hardware will not succeed and on the Dell XPS, which runs in "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Disconnected", this includes the network adaptors (both WiFi and USB connected Ethernet), so even backup tasks that I can get to run still fail due to no network connection.

Waking from DRIPS on a schedule seems impossible! Wake timers do not work on Modern Standby systems, so neither do any user created Task Scheduler tasks (even ones set to run under SYSTEM). About the only thing that will occasionally wake the system is Windows Update, but it seems there is no longer any way to schedule that. Microsoft docs say UWP apps can (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...y-wake-sources) but it seems no one has written one for this purpose.

Surely there must be a way, short of writing your own UWP app, to get a Modern Standby system to wake from DRIPS for out-of-hours for housekeeping?? There don't seem to be any code snippets we can use. This just seems crazy hard!

All that needs to happen is for the software equivalent of a "power button press" or even, I think, just the computer to leave DRIPS. The tasks are waiting to run and as soon as the system wakes they should keep the system awake until they have completed.

Hopefully someone can make me look a total fool and point out something I have missed!

Jong, Aug 6, 2019
  3. t0yz Win User
    Can't enable Modern Standby

You need an exclusively UEFI PC (without Legacy support) for Modern/Connected, at least it's what I've heard. I guess if that Z390 doesn't have it, I am not really expecting any consumer desktops to implement it, I assume it would require manufacturers to kinda rewrite their BIOS. It is also indirectly suggested on Anandtech that the feature depends on the onboard WiFi:

Personally I love my Ethernet cables and 1Gbit speeds, and WiFi would be the last thing I'd do to my PC, but I would like to test this feature when I buy a new PC, since Z370 is clearly out of question. Considering that Z390 basically has onboard WiFi and Z370 doesn't , it further solidifies this as a potential WiFi only feature. Maybe it's possible for the PC to switch to WiFi for Connected Standby and then back to wire after it wakes up? That would be nice.

Edit: there's also this:
    "Modern Standby is only available on some SoC systems. When it's supported, the system does not support S1-S3."

Yeah... S3 is the "normal" standby. So if your firmware manufacturer supports that, it's bye-bye Modern? Ouch.

t0yz, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

1. Disable mouse wake up in modern standby - Similar Threads - Disable mouse wake

2. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  3. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  4. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  5. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  6. How do you disable "modern standby"??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do you disable "modern standby"??: My laptop keeps turning on in my backpack and cooking itself to death. I just took it out of my backpack two hours after putting it in and it's burning hot with the battery drained to around 20 percent. I know I can use hibernate instead but I shouldn't have to. Hibernate...
  7. S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep: Powercfg /a tells that the only supported sleep state is S0 Low Power Idle. That is a very confusing thing, I could not find satisfactory information by googling. Is that sleep state supposed to arm keyboard/mouse wakeup the exact same way than S3? I see that if I force S3...
  8. Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby: Hi, On my new laptop (it's in my specs) that came with 2004 preinstalled so far I have figured out that updating it to 20H2 has brought back the option to enter Code: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 (in an elevated...
  9. Modern Standby - slow wifi after wake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modern Standby - slow wifi after wake: I have fast internet speeds over wifi when I connect to the network (approx. 600Mbps). If my machine goes to sleep (modern standby enabled) and I wake it up after a while, speed drops from the original speed to a pretty constant 20Mbps. If I disconnect from wifi and...
  10. Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby): So, I've spent the last week scouring the web for this and failed! I am trying to wake a Dell XPS laptop overnight to run maintenance tasks, including backup to local network server, and so far it has proven impossible. While in the "Resiliency Phase"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop mouse wake up in modern standby

2. windows 1909 disable mouse wakeup with powercfg

3. connected standby wake up

4. disable mouse waking up in win10,
  5. modern standby usb wake up,
  6. disable mouse s0