Windows 10: Disable new 'Choose backup options..' notification with GPO

Discus and support Disable new 'Choose backup options..' notification with GPO in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Anyone knows how to disable this notification via Group Policy?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ReckyX, Aug 19, 2020.

1. /u/ReckyX Win User

Disable new 'Choose backup options..' notification with GPO

/u/ReckyX, Aug 19, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 does not show backup and restore notification.

Hi,

This issue might occur if notifications are not turned on. I suggest you to
    turn on all notification settings
    and check if that helps. Refer the steps below.

• Type Notification and actions settings on Search and hit Enter.
    • Turn on all Notifications: Restart your computer and check.
    Do let us know if you get backup and restore notification. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Rothamel Win User

GPOs to Disable Account Settings are not working

Hello,

I need to disable the below settings. I have tried using the below GPO settings, ran gpupdate /force and restarted 2 domain computers. I then logged into each computer with a different domain account. The live tiles were still changing. I am still able to add a PIN to the account. I was still able to add a Microsoft account. (I do not have a Work/School account but the option was still available. I added the same Microsoft account to both domain users. The Sync your settings is all grayed out and all set to off. However, I noticed the desktop background synced and the Favorites Synced. How do I disable all these settings so they cannot be used and are turned off?

Disable Live Tiles
    Disable Settings - Accounts - Sing-in Options - Create a PIN
    Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add Microsoft account
    Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add a work or school account
    Disable Settings - Accounts - Sync your Settings

Disable Live Tiles
    GPO - User Configuration/Policies/Administrative Teplates/Start menu and Taskbar
    Clear history of Tile notification on exit Setting: Enabled

GPO - User Configuration/Policies/Administrative Teplates/Start menu and Taskbar/Notifications
    Turn off notifications network usage Setting: Enabled
    Turn off tile notifications Setting: Enabled

Disable Settings - Accounts - Sing-in Options - Create a PIN
    GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/System/Logon
    Turn on PIN sign-in Setting: Disabled

Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add Microsoft account
    GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options
    Accounts: Block Micorosoft Accounts Setting: User's can't add or log on with Microsoft Accounts

GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/App runtime
    Allow Microsoft accounts to be optional Setting: Enabled

Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add a work or school account
    GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Microsoft Passport for Work
    Use Microsoft Passport for Work Setting: Disabled

Disable Settings - Accounts - Sync your Settings
    GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Sync your settings
    Don not sync Setting: Enabled

Thanks for the help,

Eric

Rothamel, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Disable new 'Choose backup options..' notification with GPO - Similar Threads - Disable 'Choose backup

2. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  3. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose a Option: My PC is stuck on a choose an option screen. It shows troubleshoot, and then turn off pc. Whenever I turn it off, it just goes back to the same dang thing. And the options in troubleshoot are “startup repair, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system...
  4. Choose a Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The new "Choose backup option" notification is kinda bugged ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new "Choose backup option" notification is kinda bugged ?: so i just go this for the first time, and clicking the "backup options" button in the notification does nothing, only clicking on the notifaction text itself brings up the backup settings screen submitted by /u/SnooHedgehogs8078 [link] [comments]...
  6. Notification - Choose backup options to protect your...

Notification - Choose backup options to protect your...: I keep getting this annoying notification. Neither button does anything. https://i.imgur.com/5z0a7dU.png I've unchecked Windows Backup under maintenance messages, but it hasn't stopped it from popping up every few days. https://i.imgur.com/xDCgLi8.png submitted by...
  7. Disable Options in Micorosft Office using GPO

Disable Options in Micorosft Office using GPO: [IMG] Does anyone know how to disable the Options on Microsoft Office using the Group Policy Editor? https://preview.redd.it/lwfi5gb5n0w41.png?width=1440&format=png&auto=webp&s=283d9da0ad5702307945c938e661938d23d07daf submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  8. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose an option: Hello. As many others, I have encountered the choose an option screen. It was working perfectly fine two days ago, but when I turned it on on Sunday, it was stuck on the 'Choose an option screen'. Now, it only showed two options. Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC. None of...
  9. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choose an option: [IMG][IMG]I have a Windows 10 laptop and it is stuck at "choose an option". I have tried startup repair but it fails. I have also tried command prompt entering these commands- Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /scanos Bootrec /rebuildbcd But it says access denied...
  10. Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen: Laptop: HP Problem: Windows boot to "Choose an option" Screen with the options: 1. Continue - Exit and continue to windows 2. Use a device 3. TroubleShoot 4. Turn off your PS I performed a clean windows 10 installation, but the PC still boots the same screen. - When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add a work or school account