Windows 10: Disable news when opening the windows 10 search

Discus and support Disable news when opening the windows 10 search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When opening windows search bar, news are at the right side which id like to disable. My question on how to get rid of this applies to both windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frido Wa, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Frido Wa Win User

Disable news when opening the windows 10 search

When opening windows search bar, news are at the right side which id like to disable. My question on how to get rid of this applies to both windows 10 and windows 11 as it bothers my girlfriend with a windows 11 computer too. I saw another post from 2020 with exactly the same problem but it wasn't solved.

:)

Frido Wa, Sep 8, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2022
  3. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Sep 8, 2022
  4. Disable news when opening the windows 10 search

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disable news when opening the windows 10 search a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Sep 8, 2022
Thema:

Disable news when opening the windows 10 search

1. Disable news when opening the windows 10 search - Similar Threads - Disable news opening

2. Disable news when opening the windows 10 search

in Cortana
    Disable news when opening the windows 10 search: When opening windows search bar, news are at the right side which id like to disable. My question on how to get rid of this applies to both windows 10 and windows 11 as it bothers my girlfriend with a windows 11 computer too. I saw another post from 2020 with exactly the same...
  3. Disable news when opening the windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable news when opening the windows 10 search: When opening windows search bar, news are at the right side which id like to disable. My question on how to get rid of this applies to both windows 10 and windows 11 as it bothers my girlfriend with a windows 11 computer too. I saw another post from 2020 with exactly the same...
  4. Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets?: Hi, I would like to use the widget app. But I can not because it is full of news, aka spam. I have tried, following the advice from this question but it did not remove the news in the widgets pain....
  5. Can't Search or even open search boxes and news & weather bugged

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Search or even open search boxes and news & weather bugged: Like the title say, I can't search anymore. usualy i just hit the windows key and start typing but thats not woking anymore. or any searching at all on my computer by the looks of it. This happened after the update that added the News & Weather button. and that is not working...
  6. Windows Search Opens When Typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Opens When Typing: HelloI saw this question in locked threads but it is at least for me an open question since I have updated to 21H1.A PC with many version updates started to behave strange: when typing, be it in CMD, the browser or any other text field, Windows search opens. Sometimes after a...
  7. Enable or Disable Open News and Interests on hover in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Open News and Interests on hover in Windows 10: [ATTACH]News and Interest is a new feature that has been added by Microsoft in Windows 10. It can be found as a small weather icon on the lower right corner of your desktop. The widget consists of a tailored feed of news, weather, and other information as per your interest....
  8. How to Fully Disable Windows 10 News & Interests

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Fully Disable Windows 10 News & Interests: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MuscleBound76 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nedf5r/how_to_fully_disable_windows_10_news_interests/
  9. Search bar news

in Cortana
    Search bar news: When I click the bar "Type here to search" on the left side populates with news headlines. How do I shut these off or change where they come from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-news/74a70601-b308-4b46-b4ef-14c94701ee11
  10. windows 10 news page & search page ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 news page & search page ?: Is light & dark the only theme you have to choose from ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-news-page-search-page/1a4eb670-9658-49a0-8ad7-0a2ae5e758dc