Windows 10: Disable notification sounds from specific app

Discus and support Disable notification sounds from specific app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What else do I need to do to make this stupid OS behave like I tell it? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bruno Dinis, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Disable notification sounds from specific app

What else do I need to do to make this stupid OS behave like I tell it?

Disable notification sounds from specific app 2845a655-11d9-416c-bde7-185f99924313?upload=true.png

:)

Bruno Dinis, Nov 28, 2019

2. How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Hello Simon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you want to disable only Outlook notification?

• When do you get this notification?

• Do you want to disable other app notifications as well?

You will receive notification along with the sound if you have enabled settings accordingly for the application to notify you.

If you want to disable Outlook notification on Mail app, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mail and select the top most search result.

• Click on the Settings icon located at the bottom left corner of the app and select
      Notifications from the popped window on the right side.

• Check/uncheck the appropriate options from the Notifications window.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

If you want to disable other notifications on your PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select System and click on
      Notifications & actions
      from the left side panel of the screen.

• Enable/disable the apps notification from the window accordingly and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 28, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Disable notification sounds from specific app

Missing apps in Notifications settings

Hi,

Thank you for the update of the issue.
    Since you are trying to disable the notification sound for specific application.. I suggest you to go to the particular app, and check for disabling sound notifications in the settings.

Do let us know the result.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Disable notification sounds from specific app

1. Disable notification sounds from specific app - Similar Threads - Disable notification sounds

2. Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app: In Windows 11, Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app? the App doesn't appear in the volume mixer apps even when running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-system-soundsall-sounds-for-a/4ba37969-46ee-45c3-9878-92f40de43c45
  3. Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app: In Windows 11, Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app? the App doesn't appear in the volume mixer apps even when running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-system-soundsall-sounds-for-a/4ba37969-46ee-45c3-9878-92f40de43c45
  4. Sound Output for Specific App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Output for Specific App: I'm using an application called Elgato Wave Link. With this application I'm able to choose "channels" for sound output. But for this to work I need to specify sound output device in Settings > System > Sound > App volume and device preferences. Only active Apps are shown in...
  5. How to block all notifications or notifications from specific apps in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to block all notifications or notifications from specific apps in Windows 11: Windows 11's notification system may be used by applications to send notifications to the user's desktop. Apps may use it to send reminders to the user. A common scenario that is supported are push updates by sites. Subscribe to them, and you will get notifications on the...
  6. No sound from microphone in specific apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from microphone in specific apps: Hello, i have problems with using my microphone in specific programs. I see the mic as active and working in windows settings and i can use it within discord. However I cant use it with webex or chrome with correct mic settings. I checked microphone privacy settings, I have...
  7. No sound from microphone in specific apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from microphone in specific apps: Hello, i have problems with using my microphone in specific programs. I see the mic as active and working in windows settings and i can use it within discord. However I cant use it with webex or chrome with correct mic settings. I checked microphone privacy settings, I have...
  8. No sound from microphone in specific apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently Disable Sound from a specific program: I have a program that I use for work and I constantly have to mute it during a Zoom call with a client because of the annoying video's that pop up during the presentation. When I mute it I have to click a bunch of buttons to get through it and during that time I can't hear my...
  10. How to disable BALLON notifications from SPECIFIC apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable BALLON notifications from SPECIFIC apps?: [ATTACH] Internet is full with ways to disable all notifications entirely or all ballon notification. Windows 7 had a menu, which allowed to hide notifications for specific app (and/or it's icon), shown below in red...