Windows 10: Disable one app when switching users

Discus and support Disable one app when switching users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm looking for a way to force exit one app when I switch user on my pc. Is this possible? I've looked on Microsoft forums and they all just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Guesswhoitsdoctorwho, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Disable one app when switching users

Hi all.

I'm looking for a way to force exit one app when I switch user on my pc. Is this possible?

I've looked on Microsoft forums and they all just suggest disabling fast user switching.However, I don't want to exit everything when switching users. Just this one programme

Many thanks

submitted by /u/Guesswhoitsdoctorwho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Guesswhoitsdoctorwho, Jul 14, 2020

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 14, 2020
  3. GuyHAR Win User
    Disable fast user switching.

One of my software recommends to disable fast user switching. But I have only one user set-up! I tried running gpedit.msc but Windows cannot find it. I located it manually and tried to execute it, only to get an error stating that MMC could not create the
    snap-in!.

Kindly provide steps to follow to disable that feature. I am running Windows 10 home (with a single user account).

Thank you.

GuyHAR, Jul 14, 2020
  4. saidkhei Win User

Disable one app when switching users

Disable fast user switching.

saidkhei, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Disable one app when switching users

1. Disable one app when switching users - Similar Threads - Disable app switching

2. Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user: Morning All,I hope you are all doing well.I would like to disable the Windows Hello for Business for one user. I know how to disable this globally in Azure but not sure how or if this is possible. I would appreciate any help/ advise.Many ThanksJames...
  3. Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user: Morning All,I hope you are all doing well.I would like to disable the Windows Hello for Business for one user. I know how to disable this globally in Azure but not sure how or if this is possible. I would appreciate any help/ advise.Many ThanksJames...
  4. Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable updates for one app in the store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disable updates for one app in the store.: Hello all,I was wondering, is there a way to disable the automatic updates for selected apps coming from Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-updates-for-one-app-in-the-store/c4dfac79-f136-4aaa-9295-1782ff729174
  6. One app multiple Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One app multiple Users: So I bought Forza Horizon 4 and I wanted to use it on another user. I searched in the forums one one guy said that if you click install it lets you access the app because its already installed but it asks me to install again and i don't have more space what do I do?...
  7. PC crashing when switching users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing when switching users: Hi, My PC is crashing whenever I try to switch users. Before, I got a BSOD with error irql_not_less_or_equal, but now the PC just restarts. This issue does not happen when I boot into safe mode. Here are the minidumps from multiple occasions: Minidumps Onedrive The...
  8. BSOD when switching user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when switching user accounts: I get a BSOD stating dxgmms2.sys failed when switching from one user account to another if I try to play a video. This occurs when the video starts in many apps, including Netflix, Hulu, Edge, etc. This only happens if another user is signed in and we switch users. It does...
  9. touchscreen disabled when screen switches off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchscreen disabled when screen switches off: In win7 and win8.1, i could set the screen of my tablet (Lenovo Miix3) to switch off after 3 min (not sleep, just switch off the screen). Tapping the touchscreen would bring it immediately to life again. With win10, this does not happen. I need to click the on/off button...
  10. Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have more than one user account on your PC, Fast User Switching is an easy way for you to switch between accounts or for...