Windows 10: Disable, or at least increase necessary hover time for taskbar pop-up/dissapearance

Discus and support Disable, or at least increase necessary hover time for taskbar pop-up/dissapearance in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I prefer my settings to auto-hide the taskbar in desktop mode, but ever so often I bring my courser down toward the bottom of the screen and so often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mikael Utterback, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Disable, or at least increase necessary hover time for taskbar pop-up/dissapearance

I prefer my settings to auto-hide the taskbar in desktop mode, but ever so often I bring my courser down toward the bottom of the screen and so often this will lead to the inadvertent appearance of the taskbar, which is not as quick when it comes to its disappearance.

Ideally I would want to assign a physical key to toggle the appearance of the taskbar, which doesn't sound so impossible... But certainly there must be some registry that specifies how fast the taskbar should emerge and, likewise, how fast it should disappear.

Thanks for you time and effort!

:)

Mikael Utterback, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Turn off taskbar pop up notifications?

I would like to prevent my Windows 10 taskbar popping up at any time.

My taskbar pops up to send me notifications from various apps and I would like to stop that completely.

Is there a way to disable the taskbar from ever popping up, so that it only appears when the cursor hovers over it?

Thanks.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Disable, or at least increase necessary hover time for taskbar pop-up/dissapearance

how to increase icons in taskbar in Windows 10?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the Taskbar settings, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below steps:

• Logon to your computer as administrator, Right click on empty space on the
      Taskbar.
    • Select Properties, Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window pops-up.
    • Uncheck Use small taskbar buttons to increase the size of icons.
    • Check/uncheck the Lock Taskbar option to Lock or unlock respectively.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Disable, or at least increase necessary hover time for taskbar pop-up/dissapearance

1. Disable, or at least increase necessary hover time for taskbar pop-up/dissapearance - Similar Threads - Disable least increase

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. taskbar pop up disabled

taskbar pop up disabled: hello , i would like to ask help for my taskbar being locked , when i hover over an already opened app , it is not showing any pop op to take a peek into the app, i faced this issue recently and dont know what to do , please help...
  4. Hover pop-ups display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hover pop-ups display: How do I turn off the hover pop-ups in Windows 10 Mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hover-pop-ups-display/cf6a31db-66bf-4212-9923-7d8ec27fb40a
  5. To disable this pop up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To disable this pop up.: [ATTACH] Dont know where to put this in what category ... a Malware ? I want to get rid of it , it always pop out when ever i started my lap top. very annoying ... Thanks in anticipation .....
  6. Disabling Pop Ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Pop Ups: I have new PC running Windows 10 and I have been trying everything to disable the pop ups. I thought it was the browser at first (Chrome) and went through that first. Then I did Edge, etc. But I still believe it's a Windows problems. Went through the standard Settings-File...
  7. Increased boot up time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increased boot up time: my boot up time has increased gradually as i have installed software's on my windows pc,if i uninstall the unimportant ones(games,video editing,etc.) will it resort back to approximately the same speed? i have closed all the unnecessary startup items,regularly clean my...
  8. Mouse hover label pop up

Mouse hover label pop up: Anything I put my mouse pointer on shows me a pop up display of information about what my mouse pointer is on . How do I stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hover-label-pop-up/a19fdacf-d335-4d57-8684-58317df339a3
  9. Disable hover over keyboard shortcut pop up.

Disable hover over keyboard shortcut pop up.: Title says it all. I have included a picture, I want to disable the Shortcut key pop up whenever I hover over an option to click. Preferably in 1 app only, the anki app.[ATTACH]...
  10. random pop up window then dissapears

in Windows 10 Support
    random pop up window then dissapears: Hello can you please explain to me why the Command window keeps popping up all the time and I did look up as to whats going on and can't seem to find the problem, restart, turned it off and just let it sit there doing nothing and yet still pops up. I have disabled everything...