Windows 10: Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently.

Discus and support Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have no reason to update Windows 10, literally no reason at all, screw security updates, I know how to be secure on Windows even with the Anti-Virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zemerald, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Zemerald Win User

Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently.

I have no reason to update Windows 10, literally no reason at all, screw security updates, I know how to be secure on Windows even with the Anti-Virus and Firewall disabled. I would like for Windows to not to reboot my laptop while I still have google chrome incognito tabs that I will be using in the future and my laptop is in sleep mode, and taking up more and more precious drive space. Why is Microsoft doing this? Is there a way to permanently prevent any sort of update from reaching my laptop. This has been infuriating me for months. I know a special 3rd party version of Windows 10 that removes any connection between the Windows 10 OS, and Microsoft's servers to permanently remove not just Windows updates, but all .appx UWP applications from the OS. This is my last resort if no one has a solution to my issues with Microsoft.

:)

Zemerald, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Tomgang Win User
    Tomgang, Sep 6, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently. - Similar Threads - Disable remove automatic

2. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  3. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?: Today I before I left for work, I had several tabs in two different programs open, with unsaved work that I hadn't finished yet. I closed my laptop to put it into sleep mode, came back 6 hours later, and Windows had gracefully updated against my will and deleted a lot of...
  4. How do I permanently disable automatic Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Permanently disable automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently disable automatic restarts: Once again, windows automatically restarted. This time I lost 2 days worth of work. I need to know how to permanently disable auto restart. I WILL decide when it is safe to reboot. Automatic updates are one thing, but this is a work computer. I need it to remaining running...
  6. permanently disable update in windows 10

permanently disable update in windows 10: Hi to all My supervisor ask me to permanent disable updates in windows 10. After a search i fount this Step1 services.msc Windows UpdateStop Startup type -> Disable Restoration -> No action Step 2 gpedit.msc Computer settings -> Management templates ->Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Removing Softwares Automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Removing Softwares Automatically: I have a genuine windows 10 os home i got along my lenovo yoga laptop from amazon. Alright here is the problem, windows 10 removes the softwares automatically without me doing anything. some softwares, 1 4k Video downloader 2 Wfd Downloader 3 MS Teams 4 Bandicam 5 Zoom...
  8. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently

Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently: Hi Microsoft, Lets get one thing straight. ***I*** own my computer and ****I**** decide what it does or does not do. I am beyond sick of having your fingers in my operating system telling me I *HAVE* to update windows. I've seen many people write similar posts about this...