Windows 10: disable password after sleep mode wakeup

Discus and support disable password after sleep mode wakeup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do i disable password after sleep mode wakeup... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisMayer2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. disable password after sleep mode wakeup

how do i disable password after sleep mode wakeup

:)

ChrisMayer2, Sep 6, 2018

2. Unable disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the device without entering the password after waking it up from Sleep mode. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what are the steps you have tried to disable the password after waking up the device from sleep mode?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter

Power troubleshooterfind and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search bar on the desktop and press Enter.

• In the Troubleshooting window, click on
      View All on the left pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Follow the below steps to disable the password.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Power option, click on Require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection on wakeup, check mark the option
      Don't require a password
    • Place the computer in Sleep mode and check if the issue help.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Require a password on wakeup (or not)

I could not find the last step (Require a password on wakeup (on the top left side of the screen)). Please help.

MaraRapson, Sep 6, 2018
  4. disable password after sleep mode wakeup

Require a password on wakeup

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below steps to know how to disable password once the computer wakes up from sleep.

1. Click on the battery icon in the notifications section of taskbar. Choose
    More power options. In the Power Options window, click on
    Require a password on wakeup.

2. Click on Change that settings that are currently available.

3.See the Password protection on wakeup section. Choose the option
    Don’t require a password.4.Finally click on
    Save changes
    and its done. This will disable login after Sleep in Windows.

Please post in case you have any further issues with the computer. We will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

disable password after sleep mode wakeup

1. disable password after sleep mode wakeup - Similar Threads - disable password sleep

2. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  3. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  4. Very long wakeup delay after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very long wakeup delay after Sleep: I'm running latest version of Windows 10 10.0. 19044 on a homebrew desktop using Asus B350 B35 Plus motherboard and Asus Q8434 GPU. I built this setup in 2017 and it's been very stable. Recently, it's gotten "sleepy." Here's what happens:I put it to sleep or it goes to sleep...
  5. Very long wakeup delay after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very long wakeup delay after Sleep: I'm running latest version of Windows 10 10.0. 19044 on a homebrew desktop using Asus B350 B35 Plus motherboard and Asus Q8434 GPU. I built this setup in 2017 and it's been very stable. Recently, it's gotten "sleepy." Here's what happens:I put it to sleep or it goes to sleep...
  6. Very long wakeup delay after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer goes into sleep mode, but on wakeup it shows that it crashed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer goes into sleep mode, but on wakeup it shows that it crashed.: This PC is about a week old. I notied once when I woke it up from sleep and opening chrome, it asked me if I wanted to restore my tabs from an unexepcted shutdown. Weird. Then about a day later, I noticed this again. It's creating dump files for this every time, but I'm not...
  8. BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup

BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup: I'm having issues with this error random appearing since I build my computer. Its not always after sleep, only sometimes and for some reason it goes in periods. Few weeks with no BSOD and then three times in a row after waking up from sleep.I've tried updating everything I...
  9. BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup

BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup: I build new PC, and since beginning I'm getting randomly BSOD, when I wake up PC from sleep or hybernation. I run the chkdsk and also memtest, they both passed. Thx for help. The BSOD says: unexpected_store_exception the minidump is debugged below. Microsoft R Windows...
  10. Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode

Screen flashing/flickering black after wakeup from sleep mode: Hello, I have got a recent frustrating issue with my screen flashing/flickering black only after my laptop went in sleep mode closing the laptop for example. The problem get fixed if I restart windows. The issue happen also when the task manager is open. Could it be related...