Windows 10: disable password after sleep mode wakeup

Discus and support disable password after sleep mode wakeup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do i disable password after sleep mode wakeup... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisMayer2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ChrisMayer2 Win User

disable password after sleep mode wakeup

how do i disable password after sleep mode wakeup

:)

ChrisMayer2, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

Unable disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the device without entering the password after waking it up from Sleep mode. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what are the steps you have tried to disable the password after waking up the device from sleep mode?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter

Power troubleshooterfind and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search bar on the desktop and press Enter.

• In the Troubleshooting window, click on
      View All on the left pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Follow the below steps to disable the password.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Power option, click on Require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection on wakeup, check mark the option
      Don't require a password
    • Place the computer in Sleep mode and check if the issue help.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2018
  3. MaraRapson Win User
    Windows 10 - Require a password on wakeup (or not)

I could not find the last step (Require a password on wakeup (on the top left side of the screen)). Please help.

MaraRapson, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Ruth Buruga Win User

Require a password on wakeup

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below steps to know how to disable password once the computer wakes up from sleep.

1. Click on the battery icon in the notifications section of taskbar. Choose
    More power options. In the Power Options window, click on
    Require a password on wakeup.

2. Click on Change that settings that are currently available.

3.See the Password protection on wakeup section. Choose the option
    Don’t require a password.4.Finally click on
    Save changes
    and its done. This will disable login after Sleep in Windows.

Please post in case you have any further issues with the computer. We will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. disable password after sleep mode wakeup - Similar Threads - disable password sleep

2. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?: When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the...
  3. Require password after sleep.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  4. How Not to Enter Password Wakeup

How Not to Enter Password Wakeup: Some might say, Windows 10 home can be frustrating. Ok!, When my desktop goes to sleep, I have to enter my password on wakeup. I've searched all over the internet...and that includes www.tenforurs.com and printed out some thirty pages on how it can be done, but, no luck. I...
  5. Password Required after sleep

Password Required after sleep: I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password. I have run...
  6. Nothing shown on display after wakeup from sleep/restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nothing shown on display after wakeup from sleep/restart: When ever the computer is kept in sleep mode, restarted or restarted after changing the BIOS setting. The display doesn't show anything. The fan's, the hard drives are powered up but nothing happens. To get out of this the computer needs to be force shutdown by pressing...
  7. Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation: Tried hard reset. Still getting single blinking light after several tries. What else can I try? How do I know if the battery is charging? Thanks 73683
  8. how to activate password screen on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to activate password screen on sleep mode: Hi, I have a admin password. so when i put the pc in sleep mode it used to prompt for password in windows 8. But it seems in windows 10, it doesn't prompt for a password and goes directly to the os. How to put the password screen back in sleep mode? Thanks in advance. 15601
  9. Win 10 Constantly Requesting Password After Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Constantly Requesting Password After Entering Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to stop Win 10 requesting password after going into sleep mode. What I have tried netplwiz and unchecked box and also a Microsoft Rep suggested to access user accounts through cmd which I did and that helped a little...
  10. Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep: This regards a new system running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, Build 14393.1358. I don't think this is the Creator's version, but not sure. I initially had some problems with the Sleep mode. The computer would go to sleep (with traditional blinking light) for a few...