Windows 10: Disable password change for local user after enrolling computer on Azure/Intune

Discus and support Disable password change for local user after enrolling computer on Azure/Intune in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, So I had to join my local machine to Azure AD and MDM MS Intune enrolment as demanded by my university but now it asks me to change the local user... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DianaFernandes2, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Disable password change for local user after enrolling computer on Azure/Intune

Hi,
    So I had to join my local machine to Azure AD and MDM MS Intune enrolment as demanded by my university but now it asks me to change the local user password and it won't accept any possible combination.

I can see under "computer management -> users, that my local administrator account has set the flag "Must change password at next logon" on. If I try to uncheck this flag, the following message pops up:" EAS policies requires users password change before perform this operation".

How can I disable the password change?

If I unenroll my device from Azure, it's likely that the password requirements will remain the same and then I will be completely locked out of my computer.. Ant suggestion? I just really want to be able to go back in my local user account...

Thanks in advance,

Diana

:)

DianaFernandes2, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Zima Blue Win User

Enrolling Android Device in Intune - Google Account?

After doing my own research it appears this depends on what kind of Android device you want to enroll. Starting with:

In my case, I wanted to enroll a fully-managed device:

Enroll Android Enterprise dedicated, fully managed, or corporate-owned work profile devices in Intune - Microsoft Intune

According to the above documentation:

*Admins or users are to: (5) On the Google sign-in screen, enter afw#setup instead of a Gmail account, and then choose
    NEXT.*

The next step is to scan or input the Android enrollment token - Intune blade (Azure portal) > Device enrollment - Android enrollment > Android enrollment (under Manage) > Corporate-owned, fully managed user devices (Preview)

Zima Blue, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Enrolling end users in MDM

I have about 150 users that I need to enrol in Intune MDM, however this requires the user to be local admin. Is there a way around this?

I cannot enrol via group policy as no one is in the office and the majority of users do not have a VPN setup, the devices are also Azure registered, not joined.

Alex Waring, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Disable password change for local user after enrolling computer on Azure/Intune

Autopilot Profiles: Azure /Intune.

In the Microsoft Partner Center Dashboard I am able to both create and configure Autopilot profiles and (once it’s working) register devices to apply those Autopilot profiles to.

In the Azure Intune Dashboard I am able to do the exact same functions as mentioned above in the Microsoft Partner Center by navigating:

• Open Azure
    • Open InTune
    • Click Device Enrollment
    • Click Windows Enrollment
    • In this GUI there are options for Windows Autopilot

The odd thing is that for the same customer I can configure Autopilot in two different places. Additionally, if I create a profile in one location, it does not propagate to the other. I can have two completely different profiles in each place.

How is it determined which is the profile that will be used for Autopilot if I have one in each place? Is one being phased out? Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Also, what would happen if we had a device from a completely different source than Ingram? Like we inherited a client that already had PC’s, and we wanted to onboard them with the Azure/InTune stack? Would we not be able to register
    those devices? I don’t think Ingram would interested in taking requests for devices that they didn’t even sell.

Thank you.

JohneSanchez4994, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Disable password change for local user after enrolling computer on Azure/Intune

1. Disable password change for local user after enrolling computer on Azure/Intune - Similar Threads - Disable password change

2. Intune Enrolment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune Enrolment: HiI would like to add some window 11 devices that are already connected to Azure AD into Microsoft Intune, MDM is enabled and the users had been added to the group , is it possible to get the device to join without connecting onto the PC and using company portal...
  3. Intune Enrolment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intune Enrolment: HiI would like to add some window 11 devices that are already connected to Azure AD into Microsoft Intune, MDM is enabled and the users had been added to the group , is it possible to get the device to join without connecting onto the PC and using company portal...
  4. intune enrollment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intune enrollment: Hello Our group is migrating their PC's from SCCM managed into intune fully managed by doing a "wipe and enroll" but us, as a subsidiary, requested to explore all the different possibilities to avoid wiping the end users computers.i have found some info about migrating to...
  5. intune enrollment

intune enrollment: Hello Our group is migrating their PC's from SCCM managed into intune fully managed by doing a "wipe and enroll" but us, as a subsidiary, requested to explore all the different possibilities to avoid wiping the end users computers.i have found some info about migrating to...
  6. intune enrollment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Intune Enrollment Standard Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune Enrollment Standard Users: I am trying to enroll about a 100 systems in Intune. I want the user to be signed in as a standard user. I am told the only way to do this will be using AutoPilot. Thats is just not possible for us to do in a running company. It requires a factory reset device and a hardware...
  8. Intune Enrollment Standard Users

Intune Enrollment Standard Users: I am trying to enroll about a 100 systems in Intune. I want the user to be signed in as a standard user. I am told the only way to do this will be using AutoPilot. Thats is just not possible for us to do in a running company. It requires a factory reset device and a hardware...
  9. Intune Enrollment Standard Users

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. unable to login on local admi user after enrolling computer on Intune via Windows education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to login on local admi user after enrolling computer on Intune via Windows education: Hi, I recently changed my Windows Home to Windows Education in order to enrol my laptop on Intune, as demanded by my university. The installation was successful but now when I log in on my local user account, it first accepts my usual password but then asks me to change the...