Windows 10: Disable password/pin on login

Discus and support Disable password/pin on login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. Currently when I log in it asks me for either a password or a pin for my Microsoft account. Is there a way to disable the password when I log... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Eric_761, May 7, 2020.

1. Eric_761 Win User

Disable password/pin on login

Hello. Currently when I log in it asks me for either a password or a pin for my Microsoft account. Is there a way to disable the password when I log in? Do I need to switch from a Microsoft account login to a local account login? If I do switch will that change anything i.e., my current setup, installed programs, etc.

:)

Eric_761, May 7, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 7, 2020
  3. pmennen Win User
    Disabling the login PIN without a password

I've been using a pin to login to windows 10 after boot up, but now I've decided I would rather have it login automatically. I've seen many explanations on how to disable the pin, but they all require a password. I'm pretty sure I never entered a password for this computer. On the first login it gave me the option to use a pin instead of a password, which is what I did. So how do I now modify the startup so that neither a password nor a pin is required. I realize that most people would consider this unsafe ... but this is really want I want to do on this particular computer.

~Paul

pmennen, May 7, 2020
  4. Disable password/pin on login

Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Disable password/pin on login

1. Disable password/pin on login - Similar Threads - Disable password pin

2. Disable Login Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  3. Disable Login Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  4. Login with pin and password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login with pin and password: I have recently added the PIN code login option to my pc so a friend of mine could use it for a week, however now that the pc is mine again I would like to delete this option and go back to my trusty and far better password. The settings menu however says that login with PIN...
  5. Disable PIN login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable PIN login: I want to remove PIN login, I just want to use my password. No, I can't just remove it from settings. The text under 'Windows Hello PIN' in settings says: "This option is currently unavailable–click to learn more" despite the fact that I just logged in using the pin. The...
  6. Disable login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable login password: Hi, I linked my Windows 10 account to a Microsoft account in order to activate my online License as described here Now Windows is asking me for my live password or PIN. Is there a way to remove that password/pin? I tried this method but it results in having two accounts with...
  7. Disable login password

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable login password: Hi, I linked my Windows 10 account to a Microsoft account in order to activate my online License as described here Now Windows is asking me for my live password or PIN. Is there a way to remove that password/pin? I tried this method but it results in having two accounts with...
  8. login password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password disable: how to disable login password? already try "netplwiz", not working, still ask me to login to my Microsoft account running the latest windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password-disable/8e422b4a-2976-44d0-9fd4-204e22a66949
  9. Pin or Password login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin or Password login: which is better password or pin and are they safe. Pin seems to be easier to guess or crack is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-or-password-login/51f87a20-82ba-44f7-a3bc-2b45422e3efa"
  10. Disabling the login PIN without a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disabling the login PIN without a password: I've been using a pin to login to windows 10 after boot up, but now I've decided I would rather have it login automatically. I've seen many explanations on how to disable the pin, but they all require a password. I'm pretty sure I never entered a password for this computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you takkkkkkkkkkkkke off the password at start up