Windows 10: Disable password when laptop lid is closed

Discus and support Disable password when laptop lid is closed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Buna ziua. Vreau sa dezactivez parola din modul inchis sau repaus. Am incercat cu win+R dar am creat un cont nou si nici pe acesta nu mai stiu sa il... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Izabela_Ionela, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Disable password when laptop lid is closed

Buna ziua. Vreau sa dezactivez parola din modul inchis sau repaus. Am incercat cu win+R dar am creat un cont nou si nici pe acesta nu mai stiu sa il sterg. Ajutor , va rog!

Moderator Translated from Romanian:

Hello. I want to disable the password in closed or sleep mode. I tried with win+R but I created a new account and I do not know how to delete it. Help, please!

:)

Izabela_Ionela, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Aug 30, 2020
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Disable password when laptop lid is closed

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Disable password when laptop lid is closed

1. Disable password when laptop lid is closed - Similar Threads - Disable password laptop

2. How to disable sounds when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable sounds when lid is closed: Recently, my laptop has continued playing sounds notifications, songs, etc after I close the lid which was not happening before. The fans also continue running while the lid is closed instead of turning off after a few seconds like before. I did not change any settings that...
  3. How to disable sounds when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable sounds when lid is closed: Recently, my laptop has continued playing sounds notifications, songs, etc after I close the lid which was not happening before. The fans also continue running while the lid is closed instead of turning off after a few seconds like before. I did not change any settings that...
  4. disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop: I need help disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop. I am using windows 11 and I am using the hp 14 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-lid-detection-when-you-close-the-lid-of/5fdf5007-2217-4647-850c-ccec6ded4c7e
  5. disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop

disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop: I need help disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop. I am using windows 11 and I am using the hp 14 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-lid-detection-when-you-close-the-lid-of/5fdf5007-2217-4647-850c-ccec6ded4c7e
  6. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?: I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint although I don't see it, which is odd.I would like to disable some input devices, when the lid is closed and no external monitor...
  7. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?: I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint although I don't see it, which is odd.I would like to disable some input devices, when the lid is closed and no external monitor...
  8. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  9. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"