Windows 10: Disable password when starting

Discus and support Disable password when starting in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10. I created a password during my initial set up routine since I had no choice. But I want to enter Windows 10 desktop without... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NormCW, Dec 11, 2019.

1. NormCW Win User

Disable password when starting

I am new to Windows 10. I created a password during my initial set up routine since I had no choice. But I want to enter Windows 10 desktop without using any passwords. So I found a process on the Internet that involved running netplwiz. I did that and now no more requests for a password. But now I am asked for an ID and password and the ID space shows a few letters that are the start of my email address. If I complete my email address and enter my email password, the I can access Windows 10 desktop. So how do I get rid of this new requirement to log in?

:)

NormCW, Dec 11, 2019

2. Disable start up password

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like to know if you are referring to the user account password. If yes, try the following steps to disable it.

• Press Windows key + R to open
      Run command
      box.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.
    • Clear the check mark next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click on Apply and you will be prompted to enter your Password.
    • Re-confirm the password by entering it again and click
      OK.

Hope this will help you. Post back if you need further assistance. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 11, 2019
  3. How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Disable password when starting

How do I disable the password page after start-up

1. How do I disable the password page after
      start-up

eliezeralvarez, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Disable password when starting

1. Disable password when starting - Similar Threads - Disable password starting

2. password instead of PIN when starting the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password instead of PIN when starting the device: I have two accounts on my surface and I did never set up a PIN for one of the accounts. I know the password but when starting the device I am only asked for the PIN, so I can't sign in. How can I sign in with my password again?...
  3. password instead of PIN when starting the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password instead of PIN when starting the device: I have two accounts on my surface and I did never set up a PIN for one of the accounts. I know the password but when starting the device I am only asked for the PIN, so I can't sign in. How can I sign in with my password again?...
  4. How to disable bitlocker when computer will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable bitlocker when computer will not start: Dell tech is coming to replace my motherboard and asked me to disable bitlocker but I can't access the devise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-bitlocker-when-computer-will-not/2a783ede-d8ef-4814-bf51-10581b614e60
  5. How to disable bitlocker when computer will not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable bitlocker when computer will not start: Dell tech is coming to replace my motherboard and asked me to disable bitlocker but I can't access the devise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-bitlocker-when-computer-will-not/2a783ede-d8ef-4814-bf51-10581b614e60
  6. turn off the password when starting the computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    turn off the password when starting the computer: turn off the password when starting the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-the-password-when-starting-the-computer/cdf1fe2d-248e-4cd7-9fdd-c64b5a268ab6
  7. DISABLING PASSWORD PROMPT ON START-UP - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISABLING PASSWORD PROMPT ON START-UP - WIN 10: I have seen a number of posts about disabling the password requirement on Windows 10 on start-up and as yet have seen no viable answer to the problem of the OS continuing to prompt for the password after its requirement has been turned off, in settings/accounts and by using...
  8. Disable password when laptop lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable password when laptop lid is closed: Buna ziua. Vreau sa dezactivez parola din modul inchis sau repaus. Am incercat cu win+R dar am creat un cont nou si nici pe acesta nu mai stiu sa il sterg. Ajutor , va rog! Moderator Translated from Romanian: Hello. I want to disable the password in closed or sleep mode....
  9. I cannot disable the login password when starting my PC, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot disable the login password when starting my PC, please help: I have tried the online guidance which is to search for netplwiz then check the box saying that a password is not needed. However that box and works if does not appear with the window that opens. I have gone into the account settings and there is no option to remove it there....
  10. Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable: I was looking at an article on how one can reset a windows password if you've forgotten it by going into Advanced Startup Press the shift key + restart to boot to Advanced Startup Select Troubleshoot Select Advance Options Select Command prompt And then running some...