Windows 10: Disable Picture and Slideshow Personalization options

Discus and support Disable Picture and Slideshow Personalization options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way either via gpo or editing registry keys that I can allow users in my organization to select a solid color but not a picture or slideshow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bdmike, Jul 21, 2021.

1. bdmike Win User

Disable Picture and Slideshow Personalization options

Is there a way either via gpo or editing registry keys that I can allow users in my organization to select a solid color but not a picture or slideshow of their choice as their wallpaper? Currently, we use group policy to force a default solid blue wallpaper/background to all domain computers and have personalization disabled. The goal is to allow users to select a solid color of their choice while eliminating the option to use a Picture or Slideshow. I've only found ways to either allow all Personalization options Solid Color, Picture, and Slideshow, or disable all of them. Ideally, I'd

:)

bdmike, Jul 21, 2021

2. The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Jul 21, 2021
  3. I am missing the slideshow option under personalize; theme; theme settings.

Could you clarify? At what point do the steps break down?

I go to the Start menu by clicking on the Windows logo on the bottom left of my screen.

I click on the Settings option to open up the Settings application.

I click Personalization from the list of options.

I see that I'm on the Background page now.

I select "Slideshow" from the top dropdown on that page.

I make some slideshow choices.

Yay!

zachd [MSFT], Jul 21, 2021
  4. Disable Picture and Slideshow Personalization options

Pictures as wallpaper

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for the time settings of pictures.

• Press Windows+X and go to control panel.
    • Click on personalization.
    • Then go to background option.
    • Under background tab select slideshow option.
    • Then you can choose the time limit accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Disable Picture and Slideshow Personalization options

1. Disable Picture and Slideshow Personalization options - Similar Threads - Disable Picture Slideshow

2. The "Personalization/Background/Slideshow" option is not permanent. Why not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Personalization/Background/Slideshow" option is not permanent. Why not?: Changing the "Personalize" option seen when right-clicking on the desktop will allow me to change the desktop background from a default "Picture" to a "Slideshow". I have done this, as seen below. Yet each time I reboot, this setting reverts to "Picture" and then must be...
  3. The "Personalization/Background/Slideshow" option is not permanent. Why not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Personalization/Background/Slideshow" option is not permanent. Why not?: Changing the "Personalize" option seen when right-clicking on the desktop will allow me to change the desktop background from a default "Picture" to a "Slideshow". I have done this, as seen below. Yet each time I reboot, this setting reverts to "Picture" and then must be...
  4. March updates disabled picture slideshow in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    March updates disabled picture slideshow in Windows 10: I use my own pictures as a slideshow screensaver. The cumulative March updates disabled the slideshow. I can only put up a single picture. Personalization is working OK and I've checked the settings in the Control Panel and they're correct. Anyone having this problem?...
  5. SLIDESHOW PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SLIDESHOW PICTURES: HI THERE I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW AS MY BACKROUND. ID LIKE TO KNOW A PATH OF WHERE I COULD VIEW THESE PICTURES AS ID LIKE TO DOWNLOAD A FEW. IS THERE A MICROSOFT/WINDOWS GALLERY? IF SO PLEASE SHARE A LINK OR PATH OF VIEWING THESE PICTURES. THANKING YOU...
  6. How do I add the "picture" and "slideshow options to my personalize lockscreen settings?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I add the "picture" and "slideshow options to my personalize lockscreen settings?: I would like to unlock/ disable/ remove the Windows spotlight option and get back the other 2 previous entries in the dropdown menu for personalization of my lock screen. I want one photo of my own choice. Currently, there is only one option: windows spotlight.......
  7. Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow

Personalization Options - Backgrounds Slideshow: Is there a way to choose multiple themes for background pictures, or add them to the pictures used for a background slideshow? I could do this in Windows 7, but now that I'm on Win10, I can only choose one (1)....
  8. Slideshow options

Slideshow options: I created a slideshow for my screensaver and I found a photo that I really like but it looks awkward in the full display mode on the screensaver settings. It looks better in the center display mode but that mode makes the rest of the images look weird. Can I set my slideshow...
  9. personalization -desktop slideshow picture change frequency

personalization -desktop slideshow picture change frequency: How do I get a more frequent desktop picture change than 1 minute. I would like it more like 10 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-desktop-slideshow-picture-change/c3936dcb-a3fa-4a4d-b45a-307124608ab4
  10. Personalization - Background - Slideshow

Personalization - Background - Slideshow: The option for selecting photos for the slideshow says "Choose albums for your slideshow". I'm curious about the choice of the word "albums" instead of merely "folders". But aside from that, the BROWSE button allows one to select only ONE folder instead of multiple folders....