Windows 10: Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen

Discus and support Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I want to change the Welcome and Lock-Screen to a Solid Color. That Pictures from Windows are just Horrible, Terrible , they are making me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adalwar, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen

Hi,

I want to change the Welcome and Lock-Screen to a Solid Color.
    That Pictures from Windows are just Horrible, Terrible , they are making me sick.
    Thank you

:)

Adalwar, Sep 8, 2016

2. How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

There is a picture on my WELCOME SCREEN, the screen PRIOR to the LOCK SCREEN that comes up every time I restart my PC. The WELCOME SCREEN also comes up at restart if you have disabled the LOCK SCREEN.

I'd like to remove that picture entirely and replace it with a simple background color.

I can change the LOCK SCREEN background picture easily and change the DESKTOP background as well.

But I can't seem to find where to access the properties for the WELCOME SCREEN. The image on the WELCOME SCREEN only appeared after the anniversary update.

Again, I wish to eliminate the background picture from the WELCOME SCREEN and not from the LOCK SCREEN.

Thank you.

StephenTaggart, Sep 8, 2016
  3. How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

None of what you have given here as an answer addresses the picture on the Welcome Screen, it only changes the picture on the Lock Screen.

The Welcome Screen and the Lock Screen are two different things. How do we change the picture on the Welcome Screen?

StephenTaggart, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Adalwar, *Smile

One option would be to create a solid color image with a color of your choice in say mspaint.exe, and select it to be your lock screen background.

Brink, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Hi Brink,
    Very good idea.
    I will do that at once.
    Now, what about the Welcome Screen? At the moment I have a Bird Blue Head (Painshop certanly) and I am fully distressed I even was thinking to get a Fire Gun to Kill that stupid MS Bird.

Adalwar, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not sure about the welcome screen.

Brink, Sep 8, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    Do you know the Folder Name where that pictures are stored?
    Or, do you which extension (bmp,jpg,png) they have?
    I want to replace them.

Adalwar, Sep 9, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I couldn't tell you for the Welcome screen. *Sad

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen - Similar Threads - Disable Pictures Welcome

2. The Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Welcome Screen Picture: There are a lot of beaches shown on the welcome screen pictures, how about some forests and U.S. National Parks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-welcome-screen-picture/17e60cc3-2463-46b6-bff1-590d467db119
  3. The Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Welcome Screen Picture: There are a lot of beaches shown on the welcome screen pictures, how about some forests and U.S. National Parks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-welcome-screen-picture/17e60cc3-2463-46b6-bff1-590d467db119
  4. Welcome screen pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome screen pictures: What is the difference between "Pictures", "Pictures" second in list, and Slideshow in Welcome screen picture choices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-pictures/846a34a7-1686-4ac0-ab4f-8cee8be1a7be
  5. Picture on Welcome screen missing.

Picture on Welcome screen missing.: My picture shows in Accounts, Your info. It sometimes shows when signing into Microsoft on Edge. It is missing from the Welcome screen - not even the blank icon. It does not show on Community, but does on Rewards. Different computer everything works fine. Any suggestions on...
  6. Lock/Login/Welcome Screen

Lock/Login/Welcome Screen: Hello, i would like to ask if there is a way to like start my windows 10 pc to select an account before automatically starting to one that has no password? Because, on our pc, we have two accounts/users, One is my personal and more organized user/account that "has a...
  7. welcome screen picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    welcome screen picture: How do I change my welcome screen picture back to random win10 selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-picture/c789b96c-f67f-4bd0-95bc-561fddfac598
  8. Picture on welcome screen

Picture on welcome screen: I would like to know how to find out the signification of the picture on the welcome screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-welcome-screen/6940d10a-3c12-4987-b654-4784635335f9
  9. W10 Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Welcome Screen Picture: O.k. Can someone tell me, in plain English please, how to disable the welcome screen picture in W10 ?......have tried turning it of in personalization, but it is still there....it has changed recently from a seascape and some caves, to some stupid Halloween lamps, and is...
  10. No account picture on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No account picture on welcome screen: Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? *Confused 4786