Windows 10: Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever

Discus and support Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using my computers in an isolated environment, so there is absolutely no threat of somebody else accessing my devices. Yet, every time windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever

I'm using my computers in an isolated environment, so there is absolutely no threat of somebody else accessing my devices.

Yet, every time windows starts it prompts me to log in to Microsoft account, after this bugs me to create a PIN.

I need a way to disable the PIN system and to make my computer starting by hitting the power button only.

Why isn't there an obvious way to do this? A button 'I don't want to set up a PIN' is absolutely needed, instead of tweaking with gpedit.msc or finding hidden settings burried deep somewhere...

:)

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Nov 15, 2020

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 15, 2020
  3. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever

Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever

1. Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever - Similar Threads - Disable PIN Microsoft

2. Pin log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin log in: How do I disable the pin and also the password requirement to start up computer? I want both removed for a special needs child. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-log-in/05e00a03-5f8c-43ea-9939-92ad2f422074
  3. How to disable windows update forever?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable windows update forever?: Hi im trying to disable windows update forever, i Have disabled Windows update service but every i restart my laptop it is turned on, I want to disable windows update because it is restarting my pc without alert....
  4. Win10 disable updates forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 disable updates forever: Hello, For planning support of oldest production lines technologies are required prepare more VM virtual machines one VM for one production line. Due compatibility and still working application are strongly recommended to disable win10 updates. How can be possible to...
  5. Windows 10 taking forever to log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking forever to log in: When i log in it takes like 10-30 minutes. I don’t know when this happened but i know that it has been way shorter before. But a long time ago. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/secondoverthree [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.: Hi. I just updated my windows 10 last night as it said support for my version of windows 10 was about to run out and I had to restart my computer for updates. No big deal I thought. I let the updates happen. I'm now on version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. First log in, no...
  7. Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER: Most of my PCs have 2 hard drives - first SSD and second mechanical. So I disable defragmentation for SSD disk and change schedule to monthly for the second disk. But after any feature update installation configuration is changing to the the default weekly runs for all hard...
  8. How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable BITS service FOREVER !?: I disabled background intelligent service with 4 different ways and it turns itself on again after re-starting windows (and recently before re-strating that). I KNOW it's important for windows to turn in on but I don't need my windows to be updated!!!!! because my internet...
  9. Disable Office ClickTorun forever

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Disable Office ClickTorun forever: Dear all, I have installed office 365 on our 5 computers that joined to the domain but suddenly OfficeClickTorun start updating and consuming the whole connection. How to disable OfficeClickTorun.exe please? Best Regards, 106109
  10. how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer: SOLVED, THANK YOU. I do not wish to have the added security of having to log in with a PIN every time before I can access the use of my computer, as was the case with Windows 7. So, I would like to disable this feature. As I am not particularly tech-savvy, I need help from...