Windows 10: Disable PIN Sign In

Discus and support Disable PIN Sign In in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just "upgraded" my Windows 10 system to 20H2...and one of the "gifts" the wonderful programmers at Microsoft included forced me to provide a PIN for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChairmanMAO, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Disable PIN Sign In

I just "upgraded" my Windows 10 system to 20H2...and one of the "gifts" the wonderful programmers at Microsoft included forced me to provide a PIN for logging in to my desktop. After which my password doesn't work anymore! To be clear, I can sign in with the PIN...but selecting the password option at the login screen and entering the password results in "password not recognized". So, obviously, something in the "upgrade" trashed my password.

Leaving aside the very important issue good programming practice doesn't inflect fracking changes like this without providing a a clear option to decline or b an option to revert, I'd like to be able to know how to revert to using a password and permanently expunge, with extreme lethal prejudice :, the use of PINs on my login account.

Why this level of anger? Well, besides it being >>my<< computer which should operate the way >>I<< want it to remember the "personal" thing in "PC"? I'd like to be able to continue accessing my desktop, from my LAN, via RDP. From my various iOS devices. Which worked flawlessly and well...up until Microsoft kindly forced me to use a PIN. Now any attempt to log in via RDP is rejected.

Advice?

:)

ChairmanMAO, Nov 12, 2020

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Disable PIN Sign In

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Disable PIN Sign In

1. Disable PIN Sign In - Similar Threads - Disable PIN Sign

2. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  3. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  4. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  6. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  7. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  8. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  9. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Disable Sign In PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Sign In PIN: I read online how to disable PIN which is clicking on forget my PIN. What to do if Forget my PIN isn't an option? TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sign-in-pin/760c358c-cd78-41b0-b809-5d9b63267d1f