Windows 10: Disable playback

Discus and support Disable playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer is playing sound on both headphones and speaker. I can't disable any of them because they are listed as a single entity in playback devices. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Verna42, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Verna42 Win User

Disable playback

Computer is playing sound on both headphones and speaker. I can't disable any of them because they are listed as a single entity in playback devices. I am confused.

:)

Verna42, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Verna42 Win User

Disable playback

Computer is playing sound on both headphones and speaker. I can't disable any of them because they are listed as a single entity in playback devices. I am confused.

Verna42, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Disable playback

Can't disable playback devices

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know the make and model of your computer and any prior changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.
    Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to Update the driver software under
      Driver
      tab.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with accessing the playback devices on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Disable playback

1. Disable playback - Similar Threads - Disable playback

2. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  3. Headphone device option not available in the playback not even in the disabled or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone device option not available in the playback not even in the disabled or...: headphone device option not available in the playback not even in the disabled or disconnected devices in win 8.1 prowhen i connect the earphones through the jack , no sound is recievedsometimes even the bluetooth too works abruptly or stops workingi need quick solution as...
  4. Headphone device option not available in the playback not even in the disabled or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone device option not available in the playback not even in the disabled or...: headphone device option not available in the playback not even in the disabled or disconnected devices in win 8.1 prowhen i connect the earphones through the jack , no sound is recievedsometimes even the bluetooth too works abruptly or stops workingi need quick solution as...
  5. how to disable playback menu groove music

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable playback menu groove music: Actually disable playback for everything that feature is stupid but rn groove music is fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-playback-menu-groove-music/271705a5-e138-4e61-81d9-068fd43138ad
  6. Disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys

Disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys: Let us disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys for films and TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-the-media-playback-play-pause-menu-when/57109dee-77a3-4a61-b390-63d062c98dc4
  7. How do I disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys?

How do I disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys?: How do I disable the media playback play pause menu0 when adjusting volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-media-playback-play-pause/38a4497a-0e7b-4e62-88e0-6201b140c192
  8. Disable Windows prompt to select 'playback device' every time you connect a device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Windows prompt to select 'playback device' every time you connect a device: Hello, question is as per the subject. Very frequently I am either wirelessly casting to my TV, or plugging in a second monitor using a HDMI cable. Every time I do this there is a pop-up to select my playback device which becomes the active window or starts flashing in the...
  9. disable video playback interface when changing volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable video playback interface when changing volume: ever since the last update whenever I use ctrl+f11 to adjust volume with chrome open I get the chrome playback menu (consisting of play skip and back) is there any way to get rid of this? not a big deal but idk just kinda annoying...
  10. Disable a Playback Device for a certain program?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable a Playback Device for a certain program?: Hello good people, First off, Windows 10 on an XPS 15 9560 - 7700k My question stems from a bit of annoyance, and not necessarily a problem... Basically, I want to disable the Speakers/Headphones device for only one program, Battlefield 1, because I use Bluetooth...