Windows 10: Disable programs installing for all users

Discus and support Disable programs installing for all users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Somehow I can't find an answer on this on google. How do you disable a program like Steam for example installing when you create a new user? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ARandomNameIGuess2, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Disable programs installing for all users

Somehow I can't find an answer on this on google. How do you disable a program like Steam for example installing when you create a new user?

submitted by /u/ARandomNameIGuess2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ARandomNameIGuess2, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Disable programs installing for all users

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled for Windows 10

Hello,

Initially, I suggest you to Disable Anti-virus software
    and check.

The issue may also arise due to the security software installed in your system. So, I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus installed on your system and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the program.

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Right click on the program and click on Uninstall.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Disable programs installing for all users

1. Disable programs installing for all users - Similar Threads - Disable programs installing

2. Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?: I don't want to disable it altogether but I have a frequently used program that gets stopped every time. Can I somehow set it to ignore certain programs?...
  3. How to install programs on a standard user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install programs on a standard user?: I was always using admin account but I've heard that it's not a recommended way to use system for security reasons. So I did a fresh Windows 10 install and created an additional standard user. And I encounter many problems: Some programs that I install on a standard user,...
  4. New Laptop, Proper way to install programs/apps for all (future) users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop, Proper way to install programs/apps for all (future) users: W10 Home Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) I have a new (literally out of the box yesterday) Lenovo laptop. Currently one admin level (local) account. It will have an additional 2 user level accounts for everyday use. Before i continue with installing the programs/apps...
  5. Admin can't install programs for all users

Admin can't install programs for all users: I'm trying to install Python for all users to use a specific script but for some reason I don't have permission to install apps for all users. I'm an admin and I can do pretty much everything else requiring you to be an admin, but I don't have permission for this somehow....
  6. Install an app for all users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install an app for all users: Hi From the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 20H2, how do I install an app for all users? Thanks Bye 171707
  7. Installing Programs with Multiple Users

Installing Programs with Multiple Users: If I have 2 users in windows 10 (one is an admin account signed into a Microsoft account, one is a local account without admin privileges) will I have to download programs like discord twice, once on each user? And will it keep one account logged in on one user and a...
  8. Install apps on all users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install apps on all users: I purchased a game for my son on the app store, and installed it under my account. How do I install it under his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-apps-on-all-users/8033e1f0-d342-4e85-b2de-8a28ef63875d
  9. Install application for all users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install application for all users: Hi all, I've installed an application that gets installed in a secure folder. One where you need admin credentials to remove. The problem is I would like this application to launch in the system tray when other accounts are logged in. Currently it doesn't start the...
  10. Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program: I have a program which I want to run every time at startup, and it needs to run with Administrator privileges. I created a ".bat" script, with the following command: powershell -Command "Start-Process 'c:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\SyncBackPro.exe' "...