Windows 10: Disable Project to this PC

Discus and support Disable Project to this PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to disable allow to PC to be projected. Last week I was forced to install the new windows update. There were a lot of bugs and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yasmin, May 24, 2021.

1. yasmin Win User

Disable Project to this PC

Hi. I am trying to disable allow to PC to be projected. Last week I was forced to install the new windows update. There were a lot of bugs and the function to project the screen would open on its own even if there was no cable connected. I was able to uninstall the update and paused for a month not to install it again. But the problem of the function to project the display continued. I tried all the tutorials you have on this forum (Modify DWORD, uninstall Connect Wireless, download .reg file to turn off projecting and Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Connect). I didn't do it all at once, I tried one by one to find out which one worked, but some of them worked for 2 days ant then the problem returned. This problem is very annoying. I accept any help even destroying that function because I will never intend to use that function. OS: Windows 10 Pro Build: 19042.928

:)

yasmin, May 24, 2021

2. Project to this PC Password setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System and then click Projecting to this PC.
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.
    Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your Phone and click on
      Connected devices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name
    Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 24, 2021
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Regarding Project to this PC

Hi,

Recent changes or updates applied to your devices can affect the connection from your PC to your tablet. It could be a delay on both devices, try reconnecting them back by disabling and enabling the option. Since you were able to connect before, we'd like
    to ask you a few questions:

• Can you tell us your settings under Projecting to this PC?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates applied to the PC or tablet?

Erika Aro, May 24, 2021
  4. Disable Project to this PC

Jeraldine Ase, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Disable Project to this PC

1. Disable Project to this PC - Similar Threads - Disable Project

2. Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11: Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing software. I cannot disable it in any way. If I want to draw any line, I have to drag it out of the circle, about 4mm, before it...
  3. Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11: Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing software. I cannot disable it in any way. If I want to draw any line, I have to drag it out of the circle, about 4mm, before it...
  4. How to disable caps lock and num lock notification on windows 11 Pc HP

How to disable caps lock and num lock notification on windows 11 Pc HP: My caps lock notification wont turn off, i try to do anything but theres still there.I have a HP All in one windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-caps-lock-and-num-lock-notification/16336d12-e93e-455d-adea-ce7d24b66107
  5. Project: Which Scheduled Tasks can be Disabled WITHOUT Drastic Impact.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Project: Which Scheduled Tasks can be Disabled WITHOUT Drastic Impact.: The idea of this Project is to sqeeze a little bit more performance from the OS. I have Extracted the Scheduled Tasks and Status information for MY OS seperated into the following categories . . . Code: Disabled = 37 Ready = 140 Running = 4 Queued = 1 Total = 182 ALL of the...
  6. Project: Which Services can be Disabled WITHOUT Drastic Impact.

Project: Which Services can be Disabled WITHOUT Drastic Impact.: Good afternoon, I have finished preparing my customisations for a Clean Install on this particular Laptop. My final part of this project is to Disable some of the Services. I produced a list of the Running Services and the Services that potentially Start. I thought that I...
  7. Disable projecting to this pc, how to solve it??

Disable projecting to this pc, how to solve it??: Disable after installing windows 10 home single language.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-projecting-to-this-pc-how-to-solve-it/07e60a5e-8559-455d-bc40-0a6a3b54d797
  8. Windows 10 Photo video projects - disable fit to screen when importing photos for a video

Windows 10 Photo video projects - disable fit to screen when importing photos for a video: Windows 10 Photo video editor stretches photos to fit screen. I want my small size photos to appear in the video in their original size, not stretched to fit screen and low rez. Help please. Newman...
  9. How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable "Ask to project to this PC" to "Never" option for inbuild Windows 10 Connect...: [ATTACH] Hi all, I tried to setup a small PC behind a TV to run my own miracast "dongle". I need more functions than the normal MS miracast dongle. So I grabbed a Windows 10 PC (newest 1909 version) with WLAN, enabled Connect on it and made some tests. It works exactly...
  10. Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the...