Windows 10: disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10

Discus and support disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I know how to disable Network Discovery or File and Printer Sharing via the following command lines: netsh advfirewall firewall set rule... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Dec 2, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10

Hi,
    I know how to disable Network Discovery or File and Printer Sharing via the following command lines:

netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Network Discovery" new enable=no
    netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=no

But I didn't find a way to disable Public Folder Sharing using cmd or reg, any idea?

Also is there a way to set the current Lan network connection as metered via registry or command prompt?
    Thanks.

:)

omidsolo, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Lymbo Win User

Disable public folders

Turn off Public folder sharing

Its already off.

public folder sharing means that other computers can access my public folders, that is one of the things i found when researching this, and it was already off.

What i want is a way to disable these folders so that not even i can use them, or at least all my programs use the private folder, instead of the public one.

i`m almost going back to win7 due to these small but constant annoyances, most i`ve been able to solve, but not this one

Lymbo, Dec 2, 2015
  3. problem with windows 10 security updates - breaks Zenui Android File manager file transfer

Same issues here. I do not use Password Login on my PCs. I have Password Protected Sharing Disables and I can only access PUBLIC file/folders with Zenui. Attempting to access other shared drives/folders result in a request for credentials. (acts as though
    Password Protected Sharing is Enabled)

One notable exception on my network is, my PC that is a Win7 Home Upgraded to Win10 Home without a clean install of Win10. I can fully access all shared file/folder/drives. All my other network PCs are Win7 Pro upgraded to Win10 Pro then a clean install
    of Win10 Pro.

Notes - I have deleted and setup a new Homegroup (not that that should matter). And all my PCs have full access to each other.

Hopefully this extra info will help someone figure this out.

**** Edited 11:25 pm - Just for grins, I added a PC configured with Win7 Pro to the network and I have full access to all shared file/folders/drives on this PC with my phone.

Nickhog2001, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10

1. disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10 - Similar Threads - disable public folder

2. Sharing Public Folders on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Public Folders on windows 10: I have asked this before and have not received any replies. I'll try again. I have spent over 6 hours on this issue and have read and tried all the standard file/folder sharing solutions. I have a basic WIRED home network. 3 dell computers, 2 running windows 10 pro and 1...
  3. How to share a public read only folder

How to share a public read only folder: I have Hotmail and Office 365 Personal, and use OneDrive. . I would like to create a public read-only folder. . Also, I would like to create a public read-write folder. . The rest should be only accessible by me. . Is there a special, public PUBLIC OneDrive share URL...
  4. Public Sharing

Public Sharing: I have three machines on a wired home network, all running Windows 10 1909. All three are part of the same Workgroup, all three have Public Sharing turned on, yet Istill can't get this to work properly. Machine's One and Two won't show any other connected machines. Machine...
  5. Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing'

Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing': Small office, 6 PC's, Windows Server would be overkill Instead we user a 'server' running Windows 10 Pro. It runs several accounting and quoting apps that share their folders on the LAN Every few months, Windows 10 Pro updates itself, which happens at the end of the working...
  6. How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools?

How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools?: I need to enable/disable Public folder sharing on Windows 10 (like this https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-on-or-off-public-folder-sharing-in-windows-10.3632/) Using the command-line. netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new...
  7. Share a folder win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share a folder win10: Why is it so difficult to find out how to share a folder when on the same wifi network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-a-folder-win10/e9f45ba0-6638-4b83-bc62-a774176ef25d
  8. sharing Public folder

sharing Public folder: I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the base computer can't be...
  9. Folders show as 'Shared'. How to disable Sharing?

Folders show as 'Shared'. How to disable Sharing?: Seems some system folders are showing the 'Shared' icon in the lower-left of the window. Does anyone know how to disable file and folder sharing across the OS? (P.S. Think I've asked this before but nobody provided a solution that yielded any results). Attachment 213096...
  10. Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 [img] Information The Public folders are a convenient way to share files on your computer. You can share files in the Public folders with other people...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netsh advfirewall firewall public folder sharing