Windows 10: Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar?

Discus and support Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have many folders pinned in my Quick Access, which I like that way (see screenshot below). [ATTACH] (clickable) But now, when I do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AdHoc, Aug 7, 2019.

1. AdHoc Win User

Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar?

Hi all,

I have many folders pinned in my Quick Access, which I like that way (see screenshot below).

Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar? 7ff32acdcfe7e0f61eb9d7de890986ddee7d3c8d.jpg
    (clickable)

But now, when I do a right click on the icon of a File Explorer folder on the taskbar, I get this huge column of Quick Access links and Recent folders (see screenshot below).

Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar? 41cbf7ed4814762662bfc1b6facb37400d6ff106.jpg
    (clickable)

Do you know any way I could disable that? When I right click on a File Explorer icon, I would just like to have the Close and Pin/Unpin options.

Cheers *Smile

:)

AdHoc, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Can't pin any folder to Quick access in file explorer

This fixed Quick Access for me too and I can now pin folders to Quick Access without the "The parameter is incorrect" error. This fix also brought the "Locked" category with the Quick Access folders to the right click menu of the taskbar icon for File Explorer.
    Before this fix I had nothing but "File Explorer", "Unpin from taskbar" and "Close window" showing when right clicking on the taskbar icon. I'm currently missing the "Recent files" category and the ability to pin files or folders to the taskbar. When trying
    to pin a file to the taskbar it only shows up in the Quick Access folder.

DevilsSnare, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Suman_B Win User

In File Explorer Quick Access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. What exactly do you mean by “old firefox”?

Quick Access is basically showing you folders that you frequently used, and showing you files that you’ve recently accessed.

If you want to clear the files from file history, you can right click on the file and click on 'Remove from Quick Access"

I suggest you refer the below steps to clear file history.

1. Click Start and type: file explorer options and hit Enter or click the option at the top of the search results.
    2. Now in the Privacy section make sure both boxes are checked for recently used files and folder in Quick Access and click the Clear button.

Cookies
    are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or your login status, refer this article on
    Enable and disable cookies.

Refer this article on Disabling third-party cookies in Firefox.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar? - Similar Threads - Disable Quick Access

2. right clicking quick access in file explorer crashes file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right clicking quick access in file explorer crashes file explorer: Issue Type: BugIssue frequency: every time I do this operationIssue duration: Since 2 yrs ago I bought this PCHardware: OMEN-15 i7 1660Ti + 16GB MemOS Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041 Home version----------------Issue Reproducing-----------------1. Open any file explorer...
  3. Quick Access in Explorer on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access in Explorer on Taskbar: I have several folders pinned to quick access. Typically, these show up in the windows explorer I have pinned to my taskbar. I can right-click the folder icon, and all of my quick access folders show up to go to directly. Today, these have disappeared. I still have my...
  4. File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro vers 1909 on a new build. This is my first experience with Win10. I'm not sure what icons are supposed to be in Quick Access. But I have 3 yellow folders that correspond to drivers that I installed, in addition to 5 icons which appear...
  5. Problem with right clicking on file explorer in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with right clicking on file explorer in the taskbar: Hello. I am having a weird problem. Sometimes when I right click on the file explorer icon in the taskbar nothing happens when other times I get the usual quick menu. It seems to be about a 75/25 split. I haven't changed anything and it only happens with file explorer....
  6. File Explorer crashes when take a right-click in quick access

File Explorer crashes when take a right-click in quick access: Hello. I use Windows 10 Home Single Language. I've got a trouble when using Quick Access. When I take a right-click at any folder and Desktop, Download, Pictures,..., File Explorer immediately crashes. I've tried DISM and SFC but it only fix the issue in a short time. Here...
  7. Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow: Why is Right Clicking on File Explorer on Quick Access bar is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-clicking-on-file-explorer-on-quick-access/a56936c2-ee1e-4c0c-8795-990188b8ae92
  8. Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer: When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes. - I have cleared file explorer history. - I have removed unchecked "show frequently used folders in quick access" - When I start explorer via CMD (right click > Run as Administrator) then I can right click...
  9. Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in task bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in task bar?: Hi all, I have many folders pinned in my Quick Access, which I like that way (see screenshot below). [ATTACH] (clickable) But now, when I do a right click on the icon of a File Explorer folder on the taskbar, I get this huge column of Quick Access links and Recent...
  10. Right-clicking File Explorer windows in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking File Explorer windows in Taskbar: I'm not sure what caused this problem but it seemed to appear somewhat suddenly a few weeks back or so. Whenever I right-click a file explorer window (i.e. This PC, Downloads etc.) on the taskbar, I no longer get the option to Close window. The only things that appear when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right-click on file explror on taskbar show recent folders