Windows 10: disable Radeon Settings Host Application

Discus and support disable Radeon Settings Host Application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What happens if I disable Radeon Settings Host Application in my startups?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GretchenBeers, Aug 7, 2019.

1. disable Radeon Settings Host Application

What happens if I disable Radeon Settings Host Application in my startups?

:)

GretchenBeers, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Jack U3A Win User

Excess CPU usage due to Radeon Settings Host Application

I think this may be a similar situation to 'Windows Modules installer worker' from which I no longer suffer. Recently I have noticed when looking at Task Manager the Radeon Settings Host Application is using30% CPU even when
    the computer has no applications running apart from Task Manager. Needless to say this slows down performance and causes the CPU fan to work harder than usual.

I am aware that on April 23rd an update was installed,
    Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics, and I cannot help but wonder if this might be contributing to my problem?

My processor is AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.00Ghz running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a Lenovo H30-05 desktop PC.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, it seems that there are almost 3 million references to this, I've had a look at some but at age 79 I fear I will not live long enough to look at all..

Jack U3A, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Jack U3A Win User

disable Radeon Settings Host Application

Excess CPU usage due to Radeon Settings Host Application

I thought I should let you know that my problem with excessive (in my opinion) CPU usage by ‘Radeon Settings Host Application’ seems to be cleared. I decided to perform a System Restore’ which eventually failed and the computer went through an even longer
    rigmarole doing an Automatic Repair. Eventually the thing got going again and I was pleased to see the CPU usage by Radeon etc. had returned to a more usual 0%.

On reflection I wonder if I might have done more to rectify the problem. I am lazy and usually use ‘Hibernate’ instead of ‘Shut Down’ unless there is indication of updates to be installed. I think my problem MIGHT have been cleared had I performed a simple
    ‘Restart’ instead of wasting my time with ‘Restore. I think there is a lesson to be learned here, 'If something doesn't seem to be working switch off and on again'.

Jack U3A, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

disable Radeon Settings Host Application

1. disable Radeon Settings Host Application - Similar Threads - disable Radeon Settings

2. AMD Radeon Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon Settings: When I look at my reliability report I constantly see "Radeon Settings: Host Application --- Stopped Working". I do not have an AMD card, I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060. Do I even need this on my PC? Can I uninstall this?...
  3. AMD RADEON settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD RADEON settings: Good day.. I am able to play all kinds of games but when it comes to playing fifa I encounter problems i am able to play fifa but at least only 2 games a day then it will be slow and forever glitches so i am not sure if there is something I must fix on Radeon settings or...
  4. Any way to stop "Radeon Software: Host Application" from automatically starting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to stop "Radeon Software: Host Application" from automatically starting?: It's a new program with a recent driver update, so I thought I needed it running. But looking at task manager, it hogs up 13-14% of my CPU, 2-3% of my RAM and about 10% of my HDD. Force shutting it down seems to do nothing but increase game FPS because of all that freed up...
  5. Radeon Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Radeon Settings: Hei Ser at databruk for denne driver er på 120GB på en måned. Bruker mobilt nettverk, så dette tar nesten alle BG som jeg har i abonnementet. Er det noe jeg kan gjøre med dette ? Min kone bruker å spille kortspill via Xbox i Windows 10. Er dette grunnen ? På forhånd...
  6. Help radeon settings: host service using up to 8gb of ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help radeon settings: host service using up to 8gb of ram: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Old-Firehand [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmxurc/help_radeon_settings_host_service_using_up_to_8gb/
  7. Radeon Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Radeon Setting: Comes up when I start up my PC. I don't think I even need it since I don't do graphics. How do I eliminate this? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/radeon-setting/b0a41de6-72ef-46c8-8855-0e72781275d6
  8. Radeon Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Radeon Settings: Radeon Settings has appeared on my desktop and my icons (shortcuts to Excel, Word etc) have disappeared. I understand that I shouldn't try to uninstall Radeon Settings, but how can I remove it from my desktop, so the icons will re-appear. When I click and hover over Radeon...
  9. Radeon Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Radeon Settings: Radeon Settings has appeared on my desktop and my icons (shortcuts to Excel, Word etc) have disappeared. I understand that I shouldn't try to uninstall Radeon Settings, but how can I remove it from my desktop, so the icons will re-appear. When I click and hover over Radeon...
  10. Radeon Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Radeon Settings: When I go to "Show hidden icons" , I have 4 icons showing Radeon Settings. Why is this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/radeon-settings/9326cf67-0e5b-40c6-b25e-d14e0ff6b855

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon settings host service

2. how to disable radeon settings host service

3. radeon software host application

4. radeon settings host application high memory,
  5. radeon host service,
  6. radeon software: host application cpu usage,
  7. what is radeon host application,
  8. radeon settings host application windows 10,
  9. radeon settings host application,
  10. radeon settings task manager disable,
  11. Radeon Software high CPU usage,