Windows 10: Disable random hardware address

Discus and support Disable random hardware address in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Don't know how, it seems like on my PC random hardware address is activated. I need to disable it because it causes issues with an app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Essay97, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Disable random hardware address

Disable random hardware address 9OHeJfaGk4QIQz0ntnjE-hJzLpJ7gZEcRt410VUq3G4.jpg

Don't know how, it seems like on my PC random hardware address is activated. I need to disable it because it causes issues with an app, both the app Assistance Service and Microsoft Support say something similar about how to do it.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ddresses-ac58de34-35fc-31ff-c650-823fc48eb1bc

The problem is that I don't have such an option in my Settings, and I can't find it elsewhere. Can you guys help me? This is my Wifi tab on Settings

https://preview.redd.it/bw6ylv6h3y9...bp&s=eaf7c662355a8d11ad7f59d5505a4ded16be15d1

submitted by /u/Essay97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Essay97, Jan 7, 2021

2. [BUG] "Random hardware addresses" disable for known network does not work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Is your device connected to domain network?
    2. May I know what you exactly mean by "the "Random hardware address" is used even for known "whitelisted" networks"?

There's two controls for using random hardware addresses—one is for all Wi-Fi networks and the other is for the specific Wi-Fi network you choose. When you turn it on for all networks, random hardware addresses are used while your
    PC scans for networks and connects to any network. When it's turned on for a specific network you choose, random hardware addresses are used the next time you connect to that network.

Refer the article ‘How and why to use random hardware
    addresses
    ’ for more information.

We await for your response.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 7, 2021
  3. What is "Random Hardware Address" ?

What is "Random Hardware Address" ?

I want to know the detail information of "Random Hardware Address" function of Wi-Fi.

Please the documents/url about it.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Yoshihiro Kawababata, Jan 7, 2021
  4. dixel0 Win User

Disable random hardware address

Random Hardware (Mac) Address - Windows 10

Exactly what I suspected!

next question is...does it mean I can't change/spoof my mac address even by using third party softwareor registry editing?

and

is there a list of wifi adapters that support the "random hardware address" feature?

dixel0, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Disable random hardware address

1. Disable random hardware address - Similar Threads - Disable random hardware

2. Random Hardware Addresses not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Hardware Addresses not working: I have a Windows 10 OS. I have never had this problem before. I have set my network connection to a known network to use random addresses, and I have changed it on this PC. It is not changing the IP address. I believe this happened after I went from an Insider Build to a...
  3. Random Hardware Addresses not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Hardware Addresses not working: I have a Windows 10 OS. I have never had this problem before. I have set my network connection to a known network to use random addresses, and I have changed it on this PC. It is not changing the IP address. I believe this happened after I went from an Insider Build to a...
  4. Random Hardware Addresses not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use Random Hardware Addresses: There is a Wi-Fi setting in Windows 10 called 'Use Random Hardware Addresses'. I recently discovered an issue connecting to our wireless network while this setting is enabled. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know how to fix it?We have a Windows 2012 R2 domain...
  6. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Random Hardware Addresses: There is a Wi-Fi setting in Windows 10 called 'Use Random Hardware Addresses'. I recently discovered an issue connecting to our wireless network while this setting is enabled. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know how to fix it?We have a Windows 2012 R2 domain...
  7. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Use random hardware address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use random hardware address: I’m not part of an organization or anything (home PC), but when I try to turn on “Use random hardware address” it won’t let me because of the “organization”. submitted by /u/TheLoneTerrarian [link] [comments]...
  9. random hardware address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    random hardware address: so normally you would have this option when you tap into network & internet > wifi[ATTACH] that is not my picture but in my case this is what happens [ATTACH]i have the lastest version of windows 10 btw can anyone please help me to get the option :...
  10. Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random Hardware Addresses: How does one permanently disable this new Win10 feature? It screws up software licensing methods that depend on a static hardware id like the MAC address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-hardware-addresses/176e2b19-499d-459d-b47c-dc6737cf0485