Windows 10: Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,...

Discus and support Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How many seconds does it take you to manually do it? Under 9 seconds if you are rehearsed. No need for Powershell, batch or regedit tweaks, stop being... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilipCharlesSwift, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,...

How many seconds does it take you to manually do it? Under 9 seconds if you are rehearsed. No need for Powershell, batch or regedit tweaks, stop being lazy!

How many times per week do you need to do it? Downloading freshly coded apps, dev work, false positives decided by you etc about 25 times per week. This is abnormally high.

What is the point of having a toggle switch there, it's not needed? Power users will just turn it off. Anti-virus and anti-malware is over-sensitive and gets triggered on false positives all the time, so the switch is just a way of avoiding helpdesk complaints and the degradation of brand names. There is no point to it especially as a message says 'your device is now vulnerable'. This is incorrect, what is correct is 'your device has now become more vulnerable'. Vulnerability cannot be measured so it's academic and it also needs additional data saying what it is vulnerable to.

Definitions If you switch off real-time protection a message says it will switch back on by itself automatically when in fact it is the people that coded it that will switch it back on, no machine can decide for itself. Additionally, there is no defining 'shortly'. The message says it will automatically switch back on shortly. This means nothing. The term shortly is academic and means nothing, so it should not be used.

Get rid of this switch? Yes, there are still a few layers to get through, all of them ultimately controlled by the human user. If the user is a dufus they won't be using the switch anyway, if they have a brain then they will get round it. All it does is promote frustration, increase perception that we live in a Global Police State Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,... 8a0148e3-a040-49f9-b868-b7a585c8ec74?upload=true.jpg and have no control when we do have control the message in the image should really read 'Couldn't download in this state -suspected Virus -set Real-time protection switch to off to gain control/override Windows decision'

• No digital signature, unknown publisher; do you really want to run this?
    • If virus detection is not triggered then you get 'Keep or throw away'?

Publishers are already providing auto exception tools which ironically are executables! Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,... 3c66258d-d1ec-46c4-91e4-0c28051e726b?upload=true.jpg

These are not USP's, nor useful tools but time wasting over engineered sandpit ideas rolled out live. Terrible.

:)

PhilipCharlesSwift, Sep 9, 2020
  2. shytot Win User

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Hi
    I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable. I’ve tried to disable Defender as suggested by Microsoft but its instruction was to go to Settings / Update & Security / Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection / Virus & Threat Protection Settings. This should have given me access to switch Real Time Protection off, but the final ‘Settings’ option was not available – see screen shot.

Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,... [​IMG]

Any ideas please?
    Many Thanks

shytot, Sep 9, 2020
  3. adonis08 Win User
    Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Sep 9, 2020
  4. adonis08 Win User

Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,...

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,...

1. Disable Real-time protection with a human hand, the switch and initially elevated UAC, Yes,... - Similar Threads - Disable Real protection

2. Real time protection is not switching on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Real time protection is not switching on: Real time protection, cloud delivered protection is not switching on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-protection-is-not-switching-on/644a480b-074e-4a88-8650-c2ca27603610
  3. Real time protection is not switching on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Real time protection is not switching on: Real time protection, cloud delivered protection is not switching on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-protection-is-not-switching-on/644a480b-074e-4a88-8650-c2ca27603610
  4. Real time protection is not switching on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Real Time Protection not getting disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Real Time Protection not getting disabled: Hi Team,I have a new computer having Win 10 Home single language, and the problem I am facing as I am unable to disable real time protection on my laptop. Whenever I was trying to click the off button its bounce back to on. Can anyone help me how to resolve this...
  6. Real-time protection disabled

Real-time protection disabled: Split from this thread. I was used a nice window 10 defender. but right now it disabled the real time protection as below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/f0398bc1-7190-4a49-8e38-39842af00a91
  7. Selectively disable Real Time Protection?

Selectively disable Real Time Protection?: Dear all, I pray you're all well. I apologise if this specific question has been asked before, but I've not been able to find it. I'm trying to do some development work on my Windows 10 machine using Eclipse. During the normal course of development I'm frequently...
  8. Real Time protection disabled

Real Time protection disabled: Real Time protection disabled and cannot be enable from Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/4f7aa9c1-eb51-492b-8531-a008a84d523a
  9. Why Real-time protection is disabled?

Why Real-time protection is disabled?: Although I enabled Real-time protection in Update & Security setting, Windows Defender shows that Real-time protection is disabled. How can I enable real-time protection?...
  10. Disable real-time protection.

Disable real-time protection.: I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing keeps enabling real-time protection for no apparent reason. I'm confused, was this software developed by primates by any...