Windows 10: Disable recording auto line in mute at restart.

Discus and support Disable recording auto line in mute at restart. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 is muting the built-in sound line-in automatically after I restart my computer. I refer to the recording line in level not the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DCLS_DCLS, Apr 14, 2020.

1. DCLS_DCLS Win User

Disable recording auto line in mute at restart.

Windows 10 is muting the built-in sound line-in automatically after I restart my computer. I refer to the recording line in level not the microphone input, the line in instead. This is very disturbing for my application. How to avoid this issue? Thanks.

:)

DCLS_DCLS, Apr 14, 2020

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Apr 14, 2020
  3. pepanee Win User
    Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?

Hi, I'm looking for an app that I can record certain soundbytes to, and once that app recognizes one second of that same exact sound byte, it will auto-mute the audio on the computer for a certain amount of time, for example, say like 20 seconds, then un-mute the audio.

Thanks

pepanee, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Disable recording auto line in mute at restart.

recording levels automatically being muted and set to zero

In Windows 10, settings, Sound, Recording tab, Microphone Properties, levels, if I set the level to anything other than 0, and unselect Mute, within 30 seconds, the settings revert to 0 and mute.

I have done a fair bit of research on this topic, having read the entire threads suggested by Microsoft Agent such as the following:

microphone level

Microphone auto muting and the levels go down to zero

The only suggested solution I haven't tried is to buy and run the commercial software produce Malwarebytes. Supporters of that solution claim the problem is a malware Trojan.

But that does not add up. If the problem is known malware with a long history, wouldn't Windows Defender have long ago been updated to identify and root out this problem? I am reluctant to try a commercial product without getting some sort of word from Microsoft
    that this is the correct action to take.

Also, if the problem is known, shouldn't there be steps that one can take to eliminate the virus/Trojan without having to use Malwarebytes?

I tried doing a clean reboot as suggested, but the auto mute still occurs. I tried setting different microphones as the default, but for each, the auto mute occurs.

An attempt to use the audio troubleshooter failed. The fail message was very uninformative--simply said the process failed.

I tried running a System File Checker scan as recommended in the following link but nothing was found--given a clean bill of health. I have also run the full scan option provided by Windows Defender.

After Installing Windows 10, My Sound Is Muted By Default When I Reboot My Computer

Phil Freihofner, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Disable recording auto line in mute at restart.

1. Disable recording auto line in mute at restart. - Similar Threads - Disable recording auto

2. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  3. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  4. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  5. Disable auto line in mute at restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable auto line in mute at restart.: Windows 10 is muting the built-in sound line-in automatically after I restart my computer. This is very disturbing for my application. How to avoid this issue? Thanks....
  6. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...
  7. vOICE rECORDER MUTED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    vOICE rECORDER MUTED: I recorded an important interview on voice recorder but seem to have muted the microphone and can't hear the content. Is there any way to override the mute and hear the conversation?...
  8. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340
  9. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340
  10. Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?

Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?: Hi, I'm looking for an app that I can record certain soundbytes to, and once that app recognizes one second of that same exact sound byte, it will auto-mute the audio on the computer for a certain amount of time, for example, say like 20 seconds, then un-mute the audio....