Windows 10: Disable Remote Desktop

Discus and support Disable Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everybody, Anyone knows a working way to DISABLE "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer" via Registry only?! I searched and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by omidsolo, Sep 18, 2016.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable Remote Desktop

Hi everybody,
    Anyone knows a working way to DISABLE "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer" via Registry only?!
    I searched and found something on the web but none works, Windows 10 Enterprise...
    Thanks indeed *Smile

:)

omidsolo, Sep 18, 2016

2. Gaining Unauthorized Access to My Computer

Hi, Do you mean they are using something like Remote desktop connection or TeamViewer to take control of your PC? Don't worry, there are options available in Windows to prevent remote access. For remote desktop connection, you can use the following article
    to disable RDP later when you don't want it. Enable, Disable Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10 For other Software's like Teamviewer, when you disable them from running no one can take access to your computer. Generally talking giving remote access
    to your PC can be dangerous, if the party isn't trustworthy. Take caution(though you might need not to if it is a company)

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 18, 2016
  3. I get a seemingly random series of black bars on the screen when I connect to servers using Remote Desktop

Original Title - Remote Desktop Black Bars

Hi All -

I get a seemingly random series of black bars on the screen when I connect to servers using Remote Desktop or RDCMan. I just solved the issue in RDP by disabling persistent bitmap caching in RDP. Now I'd like to find out if/how to turn it off in Remote
    Desktop Connection Manager.

Thanks,

Joey

JoeyPruett007, Sep 18, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Disable Remote Desktop

No, you can disable it in GPO and also in System and Services for RDP. If you just do a search for "Disable RDP", you will get tons of hits, with the majority of them being to Microsoft.com's various areas like Technet.

bro67, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

Disable Remote Desktop

1. Disable Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Disable Remote Desktop

2. Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app: Hello,I was just wondering if there is a way to disable using PIN to access remote desktop app. Currently, I am not able to switch it off when connecting to remote desktop even though I would rather use the password to sign in than the PIN.Thanks...
  3. Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app: Hello,I was just wondering if there is a way to disable using PIN to access remote desktop app. Currently, I am not able to switch it off when connecting to remote desktop even though I would rather use the password to sign in than the PIN.Thanks...
  4. Disable PIN sign in on remote desktop app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Remote Desktop: Hi, I need help disabling the check mark on the Remote Desktop that says “change settings to allow remote connections to this computer” for some reason when I uncheck it, it does not allow me to apply the changes. Can I have some help on this issue and how to possibly apply...
  6. Remote Chrome Desktop and Disabled Control Panel

Remote Chrome Desktop and Disabled Control Panel: I was following this link to disabled the settings/control panel and it works perfectly. But then when I tried to use the remote chrome desktop to generate the security code on the local computer, it now says that the computer is offline (but it is not). Before I disabled the...
  7. Chrome Remote Desktop and Disabled Control Panel

Chrome Remote Desktop and Disabled Control Panel: I followed this link to disable the settings/control panel. Now when I try to use the chrome remote desktop, it says that the local computer is offline but it is not. Has anyone seen this and what is the workaround for this? Thanks. submitted by /u/kolinkorr839 [link]...
  8. Disable Remote Desktop - Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Remote Desktop - Win 10: Within File Explorer, I just noticed what appears to be a remote machine, connected to my local machine, via the Network architecture. When I select Network, a single machine appears. When I right mouse click on it, I am presented with an option to "Connect With Remote...
  9. Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop: I'm running Windows 10 and connecting into my desktop from a second PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop. Is there a way to disable the 'Remote Audio' driver on the host PC? I want to be able to control the audio settings on the host PC separate from the 'Remote Audio'...
  10. Remote Desktop option disabled

Remote Desktop option disabled: Hi Team, I am using windows 10 .I have issues to access with Remote Desktop .I did not see any settings related to Remote Desktop . i can see option for Remote access .Could you please help me how to get Remote Desktop option . Thanks Madhu 36392