Windows 10: Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update

Discus and support Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I was notified that a driver installation failed. I went and checked it out, and it was a driver for HD 4600 graphics. My old system ran an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CaptainMurica, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update

Recently I was notified that a driver installation failed. I went and checked it out, and it was a driver for HD 4600 graphics. My old system ran an i7-4790K, and when I upgraded to X99 I did not reimage my SSD.

Is there a way I can remove an update from Windows Update? The CPU I have has no iGPU, let alone HD 4600.

:)

CaptainMurica, Nov 9, 2015
  2. Kaisonic Win User

Cannot Disable VIA Audio Driver Automatic Update

Also, as a side note, I posted here in the Microsoft community because I already contacted Microsoft's "professional" support, and I was informed that they are equipped to handle basic questions only. This is an advanced technical support issue, and if
    the only responses I will get are from the same team that runs the chat/phone support service, please tell me where I can contact someone more knowledgeable.

Kaisonic, Nov 9, 2015
  3. Cannot Disable VIA Audio Driver Automatic Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to the system components conflicting with the Windows update on the system.

Download the troubleshooter from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 9, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update

1. Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update - Similar Threads - Disable remove automatic

2. Disable windows to update my GPU driver automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable windows to update my GPU driver automatically: Hi guys...Please tell me how to stop windows to update my GPU driver automatically...I have an amd GPU..Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-windows-to-update-my-gpu-driver/c6265f5a-0eb8-4e0f-8464-092d964f937f
  3. Disable windows to update my GPU driver automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable windows to update my GPU driver automatically: Hi guys...Please tell me how to stop windows to update my GPU driver automatically...I have an amd GPU..Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-windows-to-update-my-gpu-driver/c6265f5a-0eb8-4e0f-8464-092d964f937f
  4. How to disable audio driver updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable audio driver updating automatically?: Alright so, I want to keep this audio driver since it works normally, but sometimes when I come back later, it goes to Realtek Audio instead. Is there a way to forcefully keep this audio driver by default?...
  5. How to disable audio driver updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable audio driver updating automatically?: Alright so, I want to keep this audio driver since it works normally, but sometimes when I come back later, it goes to Realtek Audio instead. Is there a way to forcefully keep this audio driver by default?...
  6. How to disable audio driver updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Disable OEM Automatic Driver Installation

Disable OEM Automatic Driver Installation: Hello, I have a new HP Envy x360 15-dr1003ca. I would like to use this for audio recording but cannot get the DPC latency low enough. It is regularly 6-7ms. I have read about this issue on many forums now. The closest I have come to a solution is to re-install W10 from...
  8. Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have been using my PC manufacturers Synaptics touch-pad driver for years without issue, it is from 2015. The other day Windows 10 automatically updated to some 2017 Synpatics driver. I lost the ability to scroll up or down...
  9. Disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10

Disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10: How to disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10? I have this Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (MacBook Pro 2011 w/ Boot Camp) whose driver I need to roll back to an earlier version for things to work properly, however Windows keeps reinstalling the newer version...
  10. Fresh install - disable automatic driver installation from the start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install - disable automatic driver installation from the start: I'd like to do a fresh windows 10 installation but I noticed before that right away at the beginning windows 10 starts downloading/installing the drivers from microsoft servers. Is there a way to disable this from the start and just manually install the drivers. Win10 always...