Windows 10: disable/remove permanently personal folders like Music, Film roll etc

Discus and support disable/remove permanently personal folders like Music, Film roll etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep no data on the C:\drive, and my preferences in data organization are different from microsoft but MS keeps recreating the folders like the ones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, May 24, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

disable/remove permanently personal folders like Music, Film roll etc

I keep no data on the C:\drive, and my preferences in data organization are different from microsoft but MS keeps recreating the folders like the ones above. Is there a registry fix for their disabling them permanently?

:)

ineuw, May 24, 2019

2. Films & Tv App

Hi Guys

In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name.

Info - My movies are all stored on an external Hdd in a few different folders not in the default Videos folder

Cheers Danny

xxxdannyxxx, May 24, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 24, 2019
Thema:

1. disable/remove permanently personal folders like Music, Film roll etc - Similar Threads - disable remove permanently

2. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  3. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  4. Add system folder like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add system folder like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc?: Hello! I started making games in Unity and I want to create a system folder called "Games". I created one in my "C:/Users/(myname)/" folder, and found out how to change the icon (here's a pic). Kind of obsessive, I know, but is there any way to make it have a folder as part...
  5. Thumbnail not working for applications, like Groove music, Calculator, etc.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Thumbnail not working for applications, like Groove music, Calculator, etc.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Icons for software like Calculator, Groove Music is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-not-working-for-applications-like-groove/7787abd1-4d01-4591-83ec-d65a465dba45
  6. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.: Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very obtrusive. MS has put some great effort to discourage this, which only fuels my desire to get rid of it. What's the best way...
  7. personalizing my music folder with a picture it keeps changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personalizing my music folder with a picture it keeps changing: i know how to add pictures to folder covers is there anyway to keep the photo on the cover without it changing pictures on me its a music folder with artists and their albums so its one picture on the main folder inside are folders of their albums keeps changing and not...
  8. Desktop folder suddenly organized like a music folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop folder suddenly organized like a music folder: My desktop folder has switched to being organized like a music folder. Since the customize tab is not available for the desktop folder, how do I switch this back? I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803 build 17134.472, if that is relevant....
  9. groove music and film tv issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    groove music and film tv issues: the groove music and film/tv app were working perfectly from install of windows 10. Just the other day when launching these i get the error below. I click on store, it tells me there is a problem and to reinstall the app. Even after I reinstall the app I keep getting this...
  10. How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?: I plan on having an SSD for the OS and a separate hard drive for programs/documents, music, etc. What I don't know is how exactly to change the directory for my Documents, music, videos, pictures, downloads libraries. Can anyone explain how to do this? This is for Windows...