Windows 10: Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study

Discus and support Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Found this :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marco spencer, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study

Found this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ep-study/06b1b126-afe6-4b05-bd6e-b5536c2ae8be and can't put an new answer cause thread are closed so here is my reply to it for all who have the same issue ...

- First of all i deleted the folder Windows/System32/SleepStudy and all the files with AVG TuneUp shredder.

- Second i create a new folder with the same name and set the security options for all the types of users like SYSTEM, Administrator, User, TrustedInstaller e.t.c. to denied eg disabled so no one now can access these folder or write files into it Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study ;)

After these changes windows are unable to create the *.etl files and other folders in the folder SleepyStudy ... so i guess ive fixed these problem

:)

marco spencer, Aug 29, 2019
  2. T-Red92 Win User

Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study

Please tell me how I can Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study

Windows 10 incorrectly identifies my desktop as a tablet, most likely because I am using a Dell touch screen monitor. I want to disable and remove the "Sleep Study" and all components as it is an unnecessary drain on system resources. Please note, this
    is a DESKTOP system with no battery, no need to monitor screen on times or sleep times. I have tried everything I can find including stopping "ScreenOnPowerStudyTraceSession" in Performance Monitor and setting output files to Read Only. Nothing works. Please
    help.

T-Red92, Aug 29, 2019
  3. T-Red92 Win User

Yes, if you are able to take full control of the folders, you can completely delete the Sleep Study folder from the System 32 folder. I have done so many, many times. But that is of no real importance, because the Sleep Study folders and a new batch of
    *.etl files will reappear overnight.

The Sleep Study process is smart enough to create the necessary folders if they do not exist, and promptly begins filling them with more files. I would still like to find a permanent fix for this issue but to be honest, I have not spent a lot of time on
    it lately. I've thought about adding a simple batch file to my start up that will delete the files, but that would make it difficult to know if the files were still being produced. It would remove the incentive to find a way to terminate and remove the process
    that is creating the mess.

I will look at it again as time permits, but if anyone actually KNOWS how to curtail the Sleep Study process, don't be shy about sharing your success. Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study :)

T-Red92, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study

Hi,

You may disable all Sleep-related settings by following these steps:

• Type Control Panel from the Cortana search bar, then choose the
      Control Panel app from the best match result.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop-down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Power Options.
    • Click the Change plan settings link beside the selected
      Preferred plan
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and open all the options under Sleep.
    • Turn OFF all the options that is under Sleep.
    • Click the Apply button, then OK.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable / Remove Windows 10 Sleep Study - Similar Threads - Disable Remove Sleep

2. What does ''Video Idle Timeout'' in sleep study report mean? SLEEP ISSUEE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does ''Video Idle Timeout'' in sleep study report mean? SLEEP ISSUEE: I was looking through my sleep study report and found this: What does this mean?? CONTEXT: For over a year now, whenever my laptop goes to sleep it does not wake up. It does not happen all the time, but at least 5 times a day. I was suggested to update to Windows 11, update...
  3. What does ''Video Idle Timeout'' in sleep study report mean? SLEEP ISSUEE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does ''Video Idle Timeout'' in sleep study report mean? SLEEP ISSUEE: I was looking through my sleep study report and found this: What does this mean?? CONTEXT: For over a year now, whenever my laptop goes to sleep it does not wake up. It does not happen all the time, but at least 5 times a day. I was suggested to update to Windows 11, update...
  4. Thats one long sleep study

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Thats one long sleep study: I was forging through some system files a couple of days ago, and I came across a file called Sleep Study Report Json. I copied it to Word and ran a review. 273 pages and over 822,000 characters talking about the battery in my computer, whether or not it's plugged in, and...
  5. Gaming/Study Modes In Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming/Study Modes In Windows: Hi !I Want to know how to create mode in windows for Gaming and for study as for first 5 hours a day i have to attend classes then for next 2 hours for gaming. i need gaming mode because my school uses MS Teams With integration with MS Edge but i use Opera GX while gaming i...
  6. Can you clear historical sleep study report ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you clear historical sleep study report ?: We are trying to generate the sleep study report to debug the SW DRIPS. If the system is put into Modern Standby for x amount of time, Is there a way to clear the historical report so that we just get the result for that x amount of time? Thanks!...
  7. Sleep Study not showing % of battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Study not showing % of battery: Hello! Does anybody know why the powercfg sleep study does not display any of the % of battery? Here's how it looks like: [ATTACH] The report was generated with powercfg /SleepStudy /output "C:\sleep_report.html". I'm running a brand-new ThinkPad T14s / AMD Ryzen 7 and I...
  8. How can I remove Sleep Study

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove Sleep Study: How do I stop it producing hundreds of .etl files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-sleep-study/4293d7ac-1d63-49b8-ae65-04d13fd581c9
  9. Hard disk 100% used by Sleep Study

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk 100% used by Sleep Study: Hi. My Desktop PC became a brick because UserNotPresentSession.etl file constantly written. After trying different solutions finded in Google, I solved the problem disabling "Power" service in System settings > Services tag. I hope this can help anyone....
  10. Generate Sleep Study Report in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generate Sleep Study Report in Windows 10: How to: Generate Sleep Study Report in Windows 10 How to Generate a Sleep Study Report in Windows 10 A sleep state. A Sleep Study generates a report of connected standby (aka: "InstantGo" and "Modern Standby") quality over the last three days on the system....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sleep study disable

2. windows 10 remove sleep studies

3. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

4. delete sleepstudy,
  5. can i delete screen on powerstudytrace,
  6. sleepstudy Ordner löschen,
  7. sleep study system 32,
  8. windows 10 sleep study disabled,
  9. sleep study folder? windows 10,
  10. windows sleep stuby how to disable,
  11. system32 sleepstudy ,