Windows 10: Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop

Discus and support Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 Home. When I use the touchpad, about half the time when I tap it the context menu pops up as if I am clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by munkytown71, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 Home. When I use the touchpad, about half the time when I tap it the context menu pops up as if I am clicking the right click button. I have searched and searched in the settings and on the internet for a way to disable this feature, whatever it is, with NO luck. I only want the context menu to pop up when I am specifically tapping the actual physical right click button, NOT when I am using the touchpad itself. There has to be a way to disable this major annoyance. Any help? Thank you!

:)

munkytown71, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop :)

Necrofire, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. FBadergv Win User

Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop

Windows 10 right click context box text corrupted

Starting sometime in August 2016, the context box that appears when I hover over a menu item with the mouse has a garbled reverse white on black fill that cannot be read.

It also happens on menu items of some programs but not all.

Several times I have been able to eliminate the problem but it always comes back after a short time.

On some programs, right-clicking on a menu selection brings up the context box as usual, but as I move the over listed selections (without selecting anything) the same garbled reverse white on black image appears. It stays there until I turn off the context
    box.

This is happening on a new (Less than 1 year old) HP laptop.

Any suggestions?

FBadergv, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop

1. Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop - Similar Threads - Disable right click

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Left click pops up context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click pops up context menu: Whenever I left-click, the context menu pops up and it isn't very pleasant, I've looked into the primary clicking thing, and switch primary and secondary buttons, It's like I have two right clicks on one mouse and it's really messing with how I do things....
  5. Left click pops up context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click pops up context menu: Whenever I left-click, the context menu pops up and it isn't very pleasant, I've looked into the primary clicking thing, and switch primary and secondary buttons, It's like I have two right clicks on one mouse and it's really messing with how I do things....
  6. Left click pops up context menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  8. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. Context Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click: Windows 10, Fall Update, 1809 190119-1759, also 1803 & 1806. Dell Optiplex 745 & 760. This happens in Firefox, Nightly & Thunderrbird when changing tabs and filling forms. Left click anywhere , like selecting an email to open or delete and the menu pops up. Partifularly...