Windows 10: Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC

Discus and support Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Could someone please help with an issue that we seem to be having an issue with more and more often?We have clients with local domain controller joined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Colin Overend, May 31, 2023.

1. Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC

Could someone please help with an issue that we seem to be having an issue with more and more often?We have clients with local domain controller joined machines, and the default Group Policy is pushing out for the device to lock after a certain time the default seems to be 900 seconds which is 15mins. Howeve,r we want to exclude one or more devices from getting this group policy and setting them to never lock.Has anyone come across this before? As it seems very troublesome to first exclude the device from the default group policy of the Domain Controller, and then secondly set the device to

:)

Colin Overend, May 31, 2023

2. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, May 31, 2023
  3. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 31, 2023
  4. Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC

1. Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC - Similar Threads - Disable Screen Lock

2. how to disable screen lock on pc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable screen lock on pc ?: how to disable screen lock on pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-screen-lock-on-pc/83b9a68b-8a8e-4d39-a69c-c6b885dece9e
  3. how to disable screen lock on pc ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable screen lock on pc ?: how to disable screen lock on pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-screen-lock-on-pc/83b9a68b-8a8e-4d39-a69c-c6b885dece9e
  4. How to disable Lock Screen ads on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Lock Screen ads on Windows 11: Microsoft displays a lot of promotions and advertisement in its Windows 11 operating system. The lock screen is but one of the locations that Microsoft uses to display promotions to users of the operating system. This guide walks you through the steps of disabling lock...
  5. Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC: Could someone please help with an issue that we seem to be having an issue with more and more often?We have clients with local domain controller joined machines, and the default Group Policy is pushing out for the device to lock after a certain time the default seems to be...
  6. Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC

Disable Screen Lock from an AD Joined PC: Could someone please help with an issue that we seem to be having an issue with more and more often?We have clients with local domain controller joined machines, and the default Group Policy is pushing out for the device to lock after a certain time the default seems to be...
  7. Taskill Command Not Working from one AD Joined User to other AD Joined System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskill Command Not Working from one AD Joined User to other AD Joined System: I am using two computers, both logged in with AD user logins.From my system if i taskKill program to other computer its shows Access Denied.But if i create local user in remote computer i can taskill application in Remote computer.Can some one suggest to fix the issue....
  8. Taskill Command Not Working from one AD Joined User to other AD Joined System

Taskill Command Not Working from one AD Joined User to other AD Joined System: I am using two computers, both logged in with AD user logins.From my system if i taskKill program to other computer its shows Access Denied.But if i create local user in remote computer i can taskill application in Remote computer.Can some one suggest to fix the issue....
  9. Taskill Command Not Working from one AD Joined User to other AD Joined System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Unable to disable w10 firewall on AD-joined computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to disable w10 firewall on AD-joined computer: Hello, I want to turn off W10 firewall on an specific computer. I've tried through a GPO but it did not work. Locally, I've tried to manually disable it, however I can't do it on the domain profile as seems to be managed by the domain admin myself. What I've tried so...