Windows 10: Disable Screen timeout password

Discus and support Disable Screen timeout password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RyzenVO, Feb 25, 2024.

1. RyzenVO Win User

Disable Screen timeout password

So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but there is this one setting under sign in options which is showing that windows hello is disabling some options from showing.I need to enable these options.Help me pls

:)

RyzenVO, Feb 25, 2024

2. Windows 10 asks for password after screen turn-off timeout.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand you would like to disable the password for idle time out. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password even for idle timeout for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to settings.
    • Click on accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to never.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Disable Screen timeout password

Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Disable Screen timeout password

1. Disable Screen timeout password - Similar Threads - Disable Screen timeout

2. Screen timeout and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen timeout and password: I need my computer to lock out when the display turns off screen timeout or goes into screen saver. I can get the display to turn off and I can also get the screen saver to turn on; however when I resume there is no screen that ask for a password/pin. When the computer turns...
  3. Screen timeout and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen timeout and password: I need my computer to lock out when the display turns off screen timeout or goes into screen saver. I can get the display to turn off and I can also get the screen saver to turn on; however when I resume there is no screen that ask for a password/pin. When the computer turns...
  4. Disable Screen timeout password

Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  5. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  6. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  7. Screen Timeout

8. Require Password after Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Require Password after Screen Timeout: Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set a timer for when your screen turns off and when your computer goes to sleep. When my computer goes to sleep, I have to enter...
  9. Require Password after Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Password after Screen Timeout: Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set a timer for when your screen turns off and when your computer goes to sleep. When my computer goes to sleep, I have to enter...
  10. Require Password after Screen Timeout