Windows 10: Disable screen wake from notifications ?

Discus and support Disable screen wake from notifications ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My screen is set to turn off after a while of inactivity, but whenever i get a notification the screen wakes for about 10 seconds or so then turns back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steamer, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Steamer Win User

Disable screen wake from notifications ?

My screen is set to turn off after a while of inactivity, but whenever i get a notification the screen wakes for about 10 seconds or so then turns back off. This computer being in my bedroom, it's easy to see how it this can be a nuance. This only started happening in the newest update.

Is there anyway I can disable the screen wake up but keep the notifications on?

Disable screen wake from notifications ? [​IMG]

:)

Steamer, Jul 11, 2017

2. Notifications wake up the phone screen even when the phone is in pocket or case. It wasn't the case earlier.

Notifications wake up the phone screen even when the phone is in pocket or case. It wasn't the case earlier.

Using - Windows Phone 8, Lumia 720
    Problem - Notifications wake-up the screen even when in case(or pocket).
    **I am not talking about the glance feature

I observed this strange behaviour yesterday. Whatsapp notifications wake up the screen even when the phone is in the case.

Earlier the screen didn't use to wake up, i could hear only the notification sound. Only when u remove it from the case immediately after notification arrive, the screen turns on. If you don't remove it from the case, it never use to wake up the screen.
    That was a feature, which used the proximity sensor.

Now this feature is gone. I recently updated to Amber, and I doubt this is due to glance feature.

Now every time a get a whatsapp message the screen wakes up.

VibhorAgarwal---01, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Notifications wake up the phone screen even when the phone is in pocket or case. It wasn't the case earlier.

Using - Windows Phone 8, Lumia 720
    Problem - Notifications wake-up the screen even when in case(or pocket).
    **I am not talking about the glance feature

I observed this strange behaviour yesterday. Whatsapp notifications wake up the screen even when the phone is in the case.

Earlier the screen didn't use to wake up, i could hear only the notification sound. Only when u remove it from the case immediately after notification arrive, the screen turns on. If you don't remove it from the case, it never use to wake up the screen.
    That was a feature, which used the proximity sensor.

Now this feature is gone. I recently updated to Amber, and I doubt this is due to glance feature.

Now every time a get a whatsapp message the screen wakes up.

Vibhor Agarwal, Jul 11, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

Have you looked at the 'quiet hours' option? , I don't think it's possible to set the times under settings, just turn them on and off , but you can edit them via the registry.

How to Change the Default Quiet Hours in Windows 10

Wullail, Jul 11, 2017
  5. Steamer Win User
    Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried it but Quiet Hours does not stop the screen from waking. I also had all notifications disabled for a while, which does stop the screen from waking, but this obv makes me miss notifications while I'm actively on the PC.

Any other ideas?

Steamer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable screen wake from notifications ? - Similar Threads - Disable screen wake

2. Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode: At around midnight, my laptop exited sleep waking me up with fan noise due to trying to show an update message. Is there a way to prevent this? Image:is of notification...
  3. Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update notification waking laptop from sleep mode: At around midnight, my laptop exited sleep waking me up with fan noise due to trying to show an update message. Is there a way to prevent this? Image:is of notification...
  4. How To Disable log on Screen After Waking From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Disable log on Screen After Waking From Sleep: How do I disable the lock screen on a Win 10 Home laptop after waking from sleep or on restart? Under Settings-Accounts-Sign in options there used to be a setting to turn this off. Now I cant see it anywhere. Your advice would be appreciated. I am using a local...
  5. disabling all notifications from windows

in Windows 10 Support
    disabling all notifications from windows: I have online exams for a week. The department uses a system called Wheebox Wheebox . Our exam department have sent us email to turn of all notifications from computers. Any pop up notification on system during exam will be taken as a noise. Meaning improper attempt to cheat...
  6. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Wake screen & Sign In: Hello, Happy Thanksgiving! Win10 Home x64 1903 all updates! Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of...
  7. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

Disable Wake screen & Sign In: Hello, Win10homex64 Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of apps. Reimaged drive, when through this...
  8. Disable Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Notifications: My wife's Windows 10 computer get notification sounds any time night or day and they are driving us crazy. I have turned off notifications for Facebook and Gmail but they still keep coming. How can I figure out where they are coming from so that I can TURN THEM OFF?...
  9. Where is disable waking the screen sleep from notification setting in Window 10???

Where is disable waking the screen sleep from notification setting in Window 10???: My monitor is constantly waking when notification arrives.How can I prevent this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-disable-waking-the-screen-sleep-from/13f087f4-af07-45b9-95b7-135427805cbf"
  10. All notification wakes my screen sleep

All notification wakes my screen sleep: With the new update 1809 suddenly the screen wakes from screen sleep. Same thing happening still on build 17763.55 It turns on for few second then go back to sleep.All windows notification including alarm.I use Chrome and the new build is using windows 10 notification.Every...