Windows 10: Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update

Discus and support Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 2020 Update Hi Folks, How do I disable the 'Search the web' option on the start menu under build 2004 when searching? For example... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SuperPlay-UK, May 28, 2020.

1. Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update

Windows 10 Pro

2020 Update

Hi Folks,

How do I disable the 'Search the web' option on the start menu under build 2004 when searching? For example when I click start and type BBC the option is shown

Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update c702f9a8-7ad9-405f-b2bf-bb9adcc35d52?upload=true.jpg

I have disabled the 'Cloud content search' options under settings for both 'Microsoft Account & Work or School Account' also disabled 'Show suggestions occasionally in start'

Re-applied the following registry fragment:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]

"BingSearchEnabled"=dword:00000000

"CortanaConsent"=dword:00000000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

:)

SuperPlay-UK, May 28, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, May 28, 2020
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, May 28, 2020
  4. Bill.P. Win User

Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update

Disable web searches in Start menu

Hi Corey, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

You can stop Windows from showing web results in Start menu search. Here are the instructions to do so:

- Click the Start button.

- Type Cortana in the Search field.

- Click Cortana & Search settings.

- Type Cortana in the Search field. Click Cortana & Search settings.

- Click the switch beneath Cortana can give you suggestions, reminders, alerts, and more at the top of the menu so that it turns off.

- Click the switch beneath Search online and include web results so that it turns off.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-bing...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Bill.P., May 28, 2020
Thema:

Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update

1. Disable 'Search the web' on Start Menu Search May 2020 update - Similar Threads - Disable 'Search web'

2. How to disable web search in the Windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable web search in the Windows start menu?: I dont want the web search in the windows start menu. How to disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-web-search-in-the-windows-start/482128ff-7b6f-4847-bde9-7d97ca79c1af
  3. How to disable web search in the Windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable web search in the Windows start menu?: I dont want the web search in the windows start menu. How to disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-web-search-in-the-windows-start/482128ff-7b6f-4847-bde9-7d97ca79c1af
  4. Disable web search in the windows 11 Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable web search in the windows 11 Start menu: this is annoying when i use search in the start menu i want it to search applications and local files i do not want it using Bing and lunching edge I use Searx and Firefox and if i want to search the net I know how to open a browser and searchis there a way to force the...
  5. Disable web search in the windows 11 Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable web search in the windows 11 Start menu: this is annoying when i use search in the start menu i want it to search applications and local files i do not want it using Bing and lunching edge I use Searx and Firefox and if i want to search the net I know how to open a browser and searchis there a way to force the...
  6. Disable Start Menu Web Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Start Menu Web Search?: What's the current way to disable the web search? Preferably without editing the registry submitted by /u/HeyLittleMonkey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ptap/disable_start_menu_web_search/
  7. How to disable web search in Start Menu?

How to disable web search in Start Menu?: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1909 and I want to disable stupid web search that open useless Edge browser if I type file name wrongly and then I click enter and browser opens how to disable that? submitted by /u/Qiasm [link] [comments]...
  8. disable web search start menu 1909

disable web search start menu 1909: Does anyone know how to disable the start menu sending everything you type in there to microsoft? I tried the tricks from previous builds ( reg entries forAllowSearchToUseLocation,BingSearchEnabled and CortanaConsent ) but in 1909 it continues to send whatever I search for...
  9. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search: Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C. This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As...
  10. Disable web searches in Start menu

in Cortana
    Disable web searches in Start menu: I need to be able to disable web searches in the Start menu. We have several Windows 10 laptops that we use to administer exams, and obviously we cannot have students able to search the internet during their exams. Having no way to disable this feature makes these laptops...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable web search windows 10 2020