Windows 10: Disable Secure Boot

Discus and support Disable Secure Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to disable secure boot. I've gone into the bios and disabled secure boot and save and exit, then I get a screen that tells me to enter this code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by squid13, Jun 18, 2021.

1. squid13 Win User

Disable Secure Boot

I want to disable secure boot. I've gone into the bios and disabled secure boot and save and exit, then I get a screen that tells me to enter this code for verification. It was a seven number code but none of the number pads work . I use the number pad and get nothing or use the numbers up top of the keyboard and they don't work. I guess I'm doing something wrong and need some advice. I have an HP Envey TE01-0150xt.

:)

squid13, Jun 18, 2021
  2. ConnorXS Win User

Cannot Disable Secure Boot

In BIOS, there is an option to disable/enable Secure Boot.

Whenever I disable it then go to boot windows, it tries and fails to boot about 5 times, then goes to a windows screen saying something along the lines of 'Cannot load windows, restart or troubleshoot'.

Troubleshooting does not work, nor does restarting.

When I switch from UEFI to Legacy in boot list options, it simply says that there was no OS detected.

Is there a tool or something that I can use to disable it instead?

TL;DR: Cannot Disable Secure Boot because if I do I cannot boot to windows.

ConnorXS, Jun 18, 2021
  3. maranna Win User
    disabling secure boot

Hello
    These are the instructions I received from the engineers at Asus regarding disabling secure boot. I can do so by clearing keys but that is not advised. I want to use various Linux distros which require that secure boot be disabled. My new board is Asus Tuf z390 Gaming Plus Wifi.
    Their directions below did not disable secure boot either. If you have any ideas I would appreciate them. The builder said he felt enabling CSM as Asus did should have disabled secure boot too.

>>BIOS -> Boot -> CSM (Compatibility Support Module) -> Launch CSM -> Enabled

1. Boot mode -> UEFI and Legacy
    2. Boot from Network -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    3. Boot from Storage -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    4. Boot from PCIE/PCI -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    5. Go back to Boot -> Secure Boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI Mode (Windows 10/8.1/8) and Other OS (for Windows 7)<<

maranna, Jun 18, 2021
  4. ConnorXS Win User

Disable Secure Boot

Cannot Disable Secure Boot

Yes, I am following the steps there exactly.

The person in this thread (https://www.dell.com/community/Alie...ure-Boot-on-Aurora-R5-Windows-10/td-p/5629825) seems to be having the same problem as me, but there are no working solutions on that thread.

EDIT: I managed to solve it.

You can boot into windows without Secure Boot by disabling the option under it, forgot what it was but it was something about Legacy something something.

ConnorXS, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Disable Secure Boot

1. Disable Secure Boot - Similar Threads - Disable Secure Boot

2. cannot disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot disable secure boot: I cannot find any way to disable secure boot on my Pc's hardware with the BIOS options. i have been at it all day, and i still cannot get it to work! i have all of my bios and computer information in the iCloud link down below. i have tried setting a administrator and user...
  3. How to disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable secure boot: Cant edit the secure boot option. Have changed admin and hdd password and tried to turn off fast boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-secure-boot/0c2317d4-45c3-469f-8204-cc25a3efb475
  4. How to disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable secure boot: Cant edit the secure boot option. Have changed admin and hdd password and tried to turn off fast boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-secure-boot/0c2317d4-45c3-469f-8204-cc25a3efb475
  5. How to disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to disable secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable secure boot: While setting up my new desktop, I did not setup a password since setup asked for MSN account password. Windows update later installed the latest version of windows. When the computer restarted, it recognizes me but wants a pin or password--which I don't have. It doesn't go...
  7. disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disable secure boot: need information on how to disable the secure boot feature so I can use the my computer in other platforms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-secure-boot/a333c194-8336-497b-b4f4-4832cb49b93f
  8. Cannot Disable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Disable Secure Boot: In BIOS, there is an option to disable/enable Secure Boot. Whenever I disable it then go to boot windows, it tries and fails to boot about 5 times, then goes to a windows screen saying something along the lines of 'Cannot load windows, restart or troubleshoot'....
  9. disabling secure boot

disabling secure boot: Hello These are the instructions I received from the engineers at Asus regarding disabling secure boot. I can do so by clearing keys but that is not advised. I want to use various Linux distros which require that secure boot be disabled. My new board is Asus Tuf z390 Gaming...
  10. UEFI with secure boot disabled

UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...