Windows 10: Disable session recovery

Discus and support Disable session recovery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 Pro 1709 When I restart Windows it opens or tries to open windows that were open when I shut down. I want a clean restart. How do I get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hymanwallace, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Disable session recovery

W10 Pro 1709

When I restart Windows it opens or tries to open windows that were open when I shut down.

I want a clean restart. How do I get to that?

Thanks.

:)

hymanwallace, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Akheel Ahmed, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Recovery and account

Hi Sarang,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have upgraded to Windows again after performing reset.

Have you tried to restart the system again to check whether the Windows 10 is downgraded to previous version?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

As the Windows 10 creates the new user account automatically, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to download and run the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

As you have linked your Microsoft account in Windows 10, I suggest you to switch back to the local account if you wish.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).

• Select Accounts.

• On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

• Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    Note:

• You may not delete the recovery drive, as it will help you to recover the Windows in future if the Windows is not working properly.

• If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can
      disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.
    Reference: Please refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable session recovery

1. Disable session recovery - Similar Threads - Disable session recovery

2. How do you disable the "Schedule pc training session" notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you disable the "Schedule pc training session" notification?: Every few days or so I get a notification for "PC training" but I don't know what setting is causing this to happen. How do you disable this? When I click on the notification it doesn't even bring me to anywhere....
  3. How do you disable the "Schedule pc training session" notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you disable the "Schedule pc training session" notification?: Every few days or so I get a notification for "PC training" but I don't know what setting is causing this to happen. How do you disable this? When I click on the notification it doesn't even bring me to anywhere....
  4. Enable or Disable Your remote session will be disconnected RDC prompt

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Your remote session will be disconnected RDC prompt: [ATTACH]If you enable RDC, you can increase the number of Remote Desktop Connections in Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. In this post, we will show you how to Turn On or Off the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) prompt Your remote session will be disconnected in Windows...
  5. Windows update stuck during SupportAssist Recovery session

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update stuck during SupportAssist Recovery session: Hi, just restoring my system with the SupportAssist app and the Windows Update is stuck on the Removal of Adobe Flash Player update it sits on 0%. I don't want to restart the computer because there is still another step in the Support app. Any ideas? Regards, Darrell...
  6. How disable Ransomware Data Recovery?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How disable Ransomware Data Recovery?: I would like to enable Controlled Folder Access but it appears that if I do the Ransomware Data Recovery feature will try to backup some or all of the files in protected folders to OneDrive. I do not want anything backed up to OneDrive. How can I enable Controlled Folder...
  7. Disable recovery envirnment?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable recovery envirnment?: Hi, Is there a difference between this: reagentc /disable, and reagentc.exe /disable ? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-recovery-envirnment/3b0c1500-3a6b-4104-8f23-b370ec6ffcde"
  8. how do I disable sessions prelaunch setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I disable sessions prelaunch setting: how to stop prelaunch of sessions on Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-sessions-prelaunch-setting/632b8016-6da3-4710-91a9-edb86dda2926
  9. How to disable Event Trace Sessions

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Event Trace Sessions: Hi How can I disable event trace sessions like ScreenOnPowerStudyTraceSession - so it does not start after a reboot? In performance monitor I can see properties - but the Enabled option is not available. [ATTACH]...
  10. Disable login screen after remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable login screen after remote desktop session: Hello! I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session. I have netplwiz with automatically logins after boot and I know the trick tscon.exe 0 /dest:console and it works, but I use remote desktop to connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable null sessions windows 10

2. how to disable null sessions in windows 10

3. how to disable null sessions in windows 10 pro