Disable session recovery

Discus and support Disable session recovery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 Pro 1709 When I restart Windows it opens or tries to open windows that were open when I shut down. I want a clean restart. How do I get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hymanwallace, Jun 4, 2018.

1. hymanwallace Win User

Disable session recovery

W10 Pro 1709

When I restart Windows it opens or tries to open windows that were open when I shut down.

I want a clean restart. How do I get to that?

Thanks.

:)

hymanwallace, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Akheel Ahmed Win User
    Akheel Ahmed, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Kiran Kishore Win User
    Recovery and account

Hi Sarang,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have upgraded to Windows again after performing reset.

Have you tried to restart the system again to check whether the Windows 10 is downgraded to previous version?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

As the Windows 10 creates the new user account automatically, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to download and run the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

As you have linked your Microsoft account in Windows 10, I suggest you to switch back to the local account if you wish.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).

• Select Accounts.

• On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

• Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    Note:

• You may not delete the recovery drive, as it will help you to recover the Windows in future if the Windows is not working properly.

• If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can
      disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.
    Reference: Please refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable session recovery

1. Disable session recovery - Similar Threads - Disable session recovery

2. Disabling the Floating Input Selection Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the Floating Input Selection Box: I'm a Chinese user, and is frustrated that I am unable to disable the following feature when entering Chinese: [ATTACH] This floating box literally appears whenever there are text area in all applications. I checked Windows Settings and I'm unable to find the...
  3. Disable Driver signature- test mode is on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Driver signature- test mode is on: Hello I need to install silently some msi which have drivers in it. I have test mode on with this command bcdedit /set testsigning on I also see the watermark "Test Mode" on the bottom right corner after I restarted, but I still get a prompt to install the driver. See...
  4. Windows Update & BitLocker Recovery Key Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update & BitLocker Recovery Key Problems: Date: 17 Aug 2018 Hi, I recently purchased a Surface Book 2 with Windows 10. Today I was prompted to restart my computer in order to install a windows update. However, after the updates finished, I turned on my computer and found that I needer to enter my Bitlocker...
  5. Windows recovery key

Windows recovery key: where can I exacly get the windows recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-recovery-key/56e81178-7823-46a8-a51f-8c03245b4823
  6. Bitlocker Recovery keys

Bitlocker Recovery keys: My laptop is asking for bitlocker recovery keys while I do not hve them and also I do not have any backup of the keys so what can be done.What's the solution to get the recovery keys back.I contacted microsoft but they are unable to tell the solution to this problem and just...
  7. Cannot Disable Auto Brightness Surface Pro 2017 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Disable Auto Brightness Surface Pro 2017 Windows 10: My new Surface Pro 5 (2017) keeps changing the brightness of the screen NO MATTER WHAT I DO. I've turned it off in basic settings, I've turned it off in the control panel power settings. And YET it still changes my screen brightness when I'm going from a dark screen to a...
  8. recovery D problem

recovery D problem: I keep getting this message saying that Im running out of space on this drive and to click here when I do it opens up a box to clear files of recycle bin and directx shader cache But they show there is nothing in them to delete and what is directx shader and how do I get rid...
  9. Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session: Hi, Let's assume a PC accessing a UNC share (a NAS - \\MYNAS). The first time the NAS is accessed, the user must provide credentials for the share. OK. Now, I want this UNC share to be automatically disconnected when the user logs off, so that he has to reconnect when...
  10. how to PERMANENTLY DISABLE a Windows F***ing Update ??

how to PERMANENTLY DISABLE a Windows F***ing Update ??: as in P - E - R - M - A - N - E - N - T - L - Y ... i'm always disabling its update service in services.msc but the glorious internet data f***er Microsoft are Enabling it and starts the download of the update without my permission. its very frustrating because i have a...