Windows 10: disable shared desktop for multiple accounts

Discus and support disable shared desktop for multiple accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have added my wife account to my own PC. For some unknown reason when I logged in with her account the newly created desktop got some of my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EranFriedland, Jan 15, 2021.

1. disable shared desktop for multiple accounts

I have added my wife account to my own PC.
    For some unknown reason when I logged in with her account the newly created desktop got some of my desktop icons.

The expectation was for her to have a new desktop.

How do I fix it? her user, her personal space.

:)

EranFriedland, Jan 15, 2021
  2. mafia97 Win User

Youtube disabled my account, help please

the page where is said account disabled , it also showed a link saying next step is to contact us,
    i ran that link and reported the problem, still no reply

mafia97, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 15, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

disable shared desktop for multiple accounts

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

disable shared desktop for multiple accounts

1. disable shared desktop for multiple accounts - Similar Threads - disable shared desktop

2. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  3. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  4. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disabling the Multiple Desktops Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the Multiple Desktops Icon: The taskbar in Windows 11 has a multiple-desktops icon. Since I always use only one desktop, I would like to know how to disable this icon. No options are displayed when I right-click on it....
  6. Disabling the Multiple Desktops Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the Multiple Desktops Icon: The taskbar in Windows 11 has a multiple-desktops icon. Since I always use only one desktop, I would like to know how to disable this icon. No options are displayed when I right-click on it....
  7. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  8. Desktop account in disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop account in disabled: My desktop froze. Upon rebooting, the desktop entered the recovery mode. I reloaded the Windows 10 operating system from the cloud. The desktop will now boot up to Windows. When I attempt to sign in to the Administrator account the only option, I receive the message "Your...
  9. Disable file sharing over multiple devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable file sharing over multiple devices: I recently bought a new laptop for school and used the same microsoft account as that for my desktop pc. But I now have all the games and stuff I have on my pc`s desktop also on my laptop as browser shrotcuts, if I try to delete these shortcuts the shortcuts also get deleted...
  10. Multiple Accounts on Mail sharing contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Accounts on Mail sharing contacts: Hi I've recently added a number of different email accounts so I can manage them better to my Windows 10 Mail App. When I later went to send an email from my personal address, it came up suggesting a contact who should only come up on my work email account. How do I set...