Windows 10: Disable sharing

Discus and support Disable sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a shared files folder in my users folder. I want to disable sharing completely and get rid of the folder. 128386 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cerawy, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

Disable sharing

I got a shared files folder in my users folder. I want to disable sharing completely and get rid of the folder.

:)

Cerawy, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 5, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Disable sharing

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Disable sharing

1. Disable sharing - Similar Threads - Disable sharing

2. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  3. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  4. I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...: After pushing the shared computer , then the fingerprint for the computer show fingerprint disable by administrator. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-issue-with-fingerprint-are-disable-by/a08a1ffc-88c3-4b5f-adb2-a2cbfb983732
  5. I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...

I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...: After pushing the shared computer , then the fingerprint for the computer show fingerprint disable by administrator. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-issue-with-fingerprint-are-disable-by/a08a1ffc-88c3-4b5f-adb2-a2cbfb983732
  6. I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Asked 1K times: How to disable turn off password protected sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asked 1K times: How to disable turn off password protected sharing: Two PCs, one Windows 10 Home and the second Windows 11 Home. I login to both using the same Microsoft account. The home network is sharing a single folder from each. The share permission allows "Everyone". I must be missing some other requirement to make this work....
  8. Asked 1K times: How to disable turn off password protected sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asked 1K times: How to disable turn off password protected sharing: Two PCs, one Windows 10 Home and the second Windows 11 Home. I login to both using the same Microsoft account. The home network is sharing a single folder from each. The share permission allows "Everyone". I must be missing some other requirement to make this work....
  9. Asked 1K times: How to disable turn off password protected sharing

10. cannot share photos due to cloud space. can i disable cloud

cannot share photos due to cloud space. can i disable cloud: want to cancel cloud due to space preventing to send photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-share-photos-due-to-cloud-space-can-i/b70ccc2e-56c4-4fae-8478-e203c3d9291f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows disable sharing

2. disable address sharing registry