Windows 10: Disable <Shift><Ctrl><Windows><Alt> from opening the "Login to Office

Discus and support Disable from opening the "Login to Office in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Micro$oft has added a new "feature" to Windows 10: If you (accidentally) press <Shift><Ctrl><Windows><Alt>, your web browser will open the "Login to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SpacemanSam, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Disable from opening the "Login to Office

Micro$oft has added a new "feature" to Windows 10: If you (accidentally) press <Shift><Ctrl><Windows><Alt>, your web browser will open the "Login to Office 365" webpage. This happens even if M$ Office is not installed.

If you have a cat that likes to jump on the table when you're not there to stop him, you can wake up each morning to find a half-dozen or so browser windows open to the "Login to Office 365" webpage.

The following registry tweak will stop this annoying behavior (just the computer's annoying behavior, not the cat's *Sad .)

Code:
    You can also add this tweak with the following one-liner
    Code:
    which you can run from an elevated command prompt or batch file.

Addendum: Further research on this topic has uncovered another bit of M$ meddling. If you hold down the 4 aforementioned keys and press certain letters, an unwanted webpage will still open. I haven't found a tweak to disable this yet. Any suggestions? (Preferably something that can be done without any 3rd-party software.)

:)

SpacemanSam, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Firecatmon, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Edwin, Apr 21, 2020
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Disable from opening the "Login to Office

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Disable <Shift><Ctrl><Windows><Alt> from opening the "Login to Office ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Disable from opening the "Login to Office

1. Disable from opening the "Login to Office - Similar Threads - Disable <Shift><Ctrl><Windows><Alt> opening

2. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  3. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  4. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login": hello,i was restarting my pc to update windows 10, and when i was logging in i saw Ctrl + Alt + Del to login appeared, so i went to go disable it and... i cant? the option is just greyed out and i cant turn it off. This is my Personal Computer by the way.if anybody knows how...
  5. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login": hello,i was restarting my pc to update windows 10, and when i was logging in i saw Ctrl + Alt + Del to login appeared, so i went to go disable it and... i cant? the option is just greyed out and i cant turn it off. This is my Personal Computer by the way.if anybody knows how...
  6. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login: How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-ctrlaltdel-login/6a2b7375-30e4-4a64-9096-a159eb0d0a41
  8. Is it possible to turn of the Hyper key to open Microsoft Office? (ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+WIN)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to turn of the Hyper key to open Microsoft Office? (ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+WIN): I have an programmable keyboard and I have bound several of my keys to be "HYPER+A Letter", however, when I try to use anyone of these on Windows 10 it automatically opens the website for Microsoft office since Windows 10 apperently have bound Hyper to be that. I have tried...
  9. Disable ctrl/alt/shift pop-up windows WITHOUT disabling windows ink?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable ctrl/alt/shift pop-up windows WITHOUT disabling windows ink?: Hello! Does anyone know a working way to disable those little pop-up windows that appear near the cursor when you press ctrl/alt/shift? They only appear while using a drawing tablet. They interfere with many apps and make them really glitchy, and it's really slowing down...
  10. Can't disable Ctrl Alt Disable on Windows 10 Login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't disable Ctrl Alt Disable on Windows 10 Login screen: Hello my friends, I activated the ctrl alt disable login screen for Windows 10 by using this registry key from this forum.(Lock Screen - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums). I downloaded and installed the key to disable only to find it didn't work so I...