Windows 10: Disable Sign In PIN

Discus and support Disable Sign In PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I read online how to disable PIN which is clicking on forget my PIN. What to do if Forget my PIN isn't an option? TY... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by moferguson177, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Disable Sign In PIN

I read online how to disable PIN which is clicking on forget my PIN. What to do if Forget my PIN isn't an option? TY

:)

moferguson177, Aug 4, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Disabling "Turn on convenience key PIN sign-in" doesn't work.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to use the Group Policy Editor Console to override the ability to use PIN sign-in feature on your system. This option is used within the Domain systems to configure the PIN sign-in feature.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to disable PIN sign-in feature through registry:

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However,
    serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. To do
    that, you may refer the article on
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type regedit and press
      Enter, this will open the Registry Editor.
    3. Navigate to the location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions

4. In the right pane, under
      Name look for value. Right-click on it and select
      Modify.
    5. Set the Value data to
      0 (setting it to 1 will enable the PIN sign-in feature) and click on
      OK.
    6. Restart the system and check if the PIN option is disabled in the Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

If the issue still persists, since you are trying to make changes in the Group Policy Editor Console,
    I would suggest you to post your query in IT Pro ‘TechNet’ forums,
    where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on issues with the Group Policy Editor Console to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Disable Sign In PIN

Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Disable Sign In PIN

1. Disable Sign In PIN - Similar Threads - Disable Sign PIN

2. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  3. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  4. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  6. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  7. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  8. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  9. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Disable PIN Sign In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable PIN Sign In: I just "upgraded" my Windows 10 system to 20H2...and one of the "gifts" the wonderful programmers at Microsoft included forced me to provide a PIN for logging in to my desktop. After which my password doesn't work anymore! To be clear, I can sign in with the PIN...but...