Windows 10: Disable Sign In

Discus and support Disable Sign In in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I completely disable the lock and sign in screen? I'm the only user of this laptop, and I don't want to have to sign in every time I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZippityDooDoo, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Disable Sign In

How can I completely disable the lock and sign in screen? I'm the only user of this laptop, and I don't want to have to sign in every time I want to use it.

The methods I've found so far don't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

submitted by /u/ZippityDooDoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZippityDooDoo, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Disable Sign In

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Disable Sign In

1. Disable Sign In - Similar Threads - Disable Sign

2. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".: We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."We do...
  3. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".: We are regularly getting the following error message on one of our devices:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a difference sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again."We do...
  4. How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?: Hi Windows friends, the Windows is password protected, it has a sign-in or login-in page and the time is displayed, how can the time not be displayed on sign-in or login-in page?In the Settings, in the 'Personalize Sign-in', there's show Xbox, Calendar and other, I've set it...
  5. How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?

How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?: Hi Windows friends, the Windows is password protected, it has a sign-in or login-in page and the time is displayed, how can the time not be displayed on sign-in or login-in page?In the Settings, in the 'Personalize Sign-in', there's show Xbox, Calendar and other, I've set it...
  6. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." I got this message when I tried to enter my PIN not knowing why. I have no...
  7. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." I got this message when I tried to enter my PIN not knowing why. I have no...
  8. Disable password use at sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable password use at sign in: I’ve recently installed the Authenticator app and I was wondering if there is a way to disable using my password to sign in to my Microsoft account.I’ve had a ton of attempts to access my account from foreign countries, and although it would seem setting up MFA would solve...
  9. Disable password use at sign in

Disable password use at sign in: I’ve recently installed the Authenticator app and I was wondering if there is a way to disable using my password to sign in to my Microsoft account.I’ve had a ton of attempts to access my account from foreign countries, and although it would seem setting up MFA would solve...
  10. getting error "This user can't sign in because this accoutn is currently disabled" when...

getting error "This user can't sign in because this accoutn is currently disabled" when...: Recently did a fresh install of windows and backed up all my files to my personal nas before doing so, but when I was done and tried to access the files, i keep getting this error Stating "nas name here is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network...