Windows 10: Disable Sleep Mode Entirely

Discus and support Disable Sleep Mode Entirely in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My new computer keyboard puts the computer to sleep using the F2 key by default. If I want to rename anything, I have to hit a function key. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BitchspotBlog, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Disable Sleep Mode Entirely

My new computer keyboard puts the computer to sleep using the F2 key by default. If I want to rename anything, I have to hit a function key. There is no way to change the setting and because I never put my computer into sleep mode, I want to disable it entirely. Not turn it off in settings so the computer doesn't automatically go to sleep, I mean make it impossible for anything to ever put it into sleep mode. I am sick and tired of hitting F2 and the whole computer going down.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/BitchspotBlog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BitchspotBlog, Dec 23, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Sleep mode does not disable on Windows 10

I have the same issues:

• I have all the updates.
    • I disabled sleep in every way possible (please don't offer instructions on how to disable sleep...I already did this).
    • After about two minutes of inactivity, the computer enters sleep mode.
    • One way that I found to prevent this from happening is by running Amazon's music app and a playlist. While the playlist is running, the computer doesn't enter sleep mode.
    I know I'm not the only one with this issue and have seen requests for help on various websites. What's frustrating is that the responses typically include the standard instructions for disabling sleep mode, which doesn't work.

Gary A DePaul, Dec 23, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Disable Sleep Mode Entirely

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Disable Sleep Mode Entirely

1. Disable Sleep Mode Entirely - Similar Threads - Disable Sleep Mode

2. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update disables Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2I scheduled a Windows Updates 3 days ago. It is now the day before the update is scheduled to run. All day today when I try to enter Sleep Mode, it doesn't "take." Is this a bug? or working as designed?Thanks for your help.SweetTasha...
  3. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update disables Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2I scheduled a Windows Updates 3 days ago. It is now the day before the update is scheduled to run. All day today when I try to enter Sleep Mode, it doesn't "take." Is this a bug? or working as designed?Thanks for your help.SweetTasha...
  4. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable Sleep Mode in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Sleep Mode in Windows 11/10: [IMG]Sleep mode is a handy function that enables your computer to shut down its display after a period of inactivity. It saves your battery and you can resume your work from where you left off by waking up your PC. However, you may want to disable the sleep mode if you want...
  6. Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection: Hi,For the past few months, sleep mode has been disabling the ethernet connection on two PCs both connected to the same router through wired ethernet connection. A simple disable/enable on ethernet in the network connections settings page re-enables the connection. Display...
  7. Disable sleep mode with some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable sleep mode with some programs: Hi, Is there a way to disable sleep mode only with some specific programs that I choose ? Thank you Have a good day version 20H2 (build 19042.928) 179070
  8. Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode: Hi all Trying to install Windows 10 on system with 1,5 TB RAM ( yes a server with 4 CPUs ) but Windows trying to allocate HDD space even for sleep mode before installation. There is RAID0 with 1 TB capacity so i cant install it unless i provide more HDD space. let say im...
  9. disable password after sleep mode wakeup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable password after sleep mode wakeup: how do i disable password after sleep mode wakeup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/disable-password-after-sleep-mode-wakeup/bc4b76aa-28a7-46c2-85ed-eff375353f00"
  10. USB Sleep mode: how to disable it at all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Sleep mode: how to disable it at all.: Good afternoon, thanks for that great community. I tried all the solution on the Web to avoid the sleeping mode of my USB hard drive with no success with the build 10162 of Windows 10 64Bit. Did you have a working solution? Regards, 8006