Windows 10: Disable smart card Surface LTE

Discus and support Disable smart card Surface LTE in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; on the Surface LTE I have the option for smart card when logging in, and when authenticating for office 365. However I dont use the smart card and want... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jishua9, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Jishua9 Win User

Disable smart card Surface LTE

on the Surface LTE I have the option for smart card when logging in, and when authenticating for office 365. However I dont use the smart card and want to remove the option all together.
    I have done the following already:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\scforeoption set to 0

in gpedit, Turn On Smart Card Plug and Play Service set to Disabled

However after this the smart card option still exists. Can you please advise on how to disable this.

Thank you

:)

Jishua9, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced - June 28

Source: Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (28 June 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro LTE Drivers and Firmware Update Dec. 6

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Surface Pro with LTE Advanced Drivers and Firmware Initial Release Surface - Windows 10 Forums

Download: Download Surface Pro LTE Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Firmware Update for Surface Pro with LTE - June 6

Source: Updates for Surface Pro (06 June 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable smart card Surface LTE - Similar Threads - Disable smart card

2. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  3. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  6. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  7. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  8. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  9. Disable PIN caching for Virtual Smart Cards

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable PIN caching for Virtual Smart Cards: We want to store digital certificates for PDF signing in virtual smart cards. Due to regulatory reasons (FDA, we are developing medical devices), I have to assure that the PIN protecting the certificate has to be (re-)entered for each document to be signed. The default...
  10. Surfac Pro LTE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surfac Pro LTE: How to fix this error = Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable smartcard surface pro

2. how to disable eSIM in Surface

3. smart card service in surface pro 5

4. how to disable LTE on surface,
  5. surface pro smart card settings,
  6. how to disable surface pro esim,
  7. Surface Go windows 7 lose LTE connectivity after using surface broad band card randomly,
  8. disable esim on surface