Windows 10: Disable smooth scrolling

Discus and support Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I disable smooth scrolling, but leave other animations intact? For me, nonsmooth scrolling is an accessibility requirement. Just like a person... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thanatica, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Disable smooth scrolling

How can I disable smooth scrolling, but leave other animations intact?

For me, nonsmooth scrolling is an accessibility requirement. Just like a person with low vision might need high contrast or a screen reader, in a similar way, I need nonsmooth scrolling.

I know that there's a way to disable all animations in Windows, including smooth scrolling, but I still need other animations to stay intact. It's only the scrolling smoothness that I cannot handle. Other animations are useful, and I don't want to sacrifice them.

In the same way, once you enable a screen reader, you don't automatically sacrifice colour or whatever.

I've been able to set scrolling to nonsmooth in Explorer, but for some reason, that setting is not respected throughout the OS.

submitted by /u/thanatica
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thanatica, Aug 28, 2020

2. How to disable smooth scrolling for metro apps in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the smooth scrolling and check if it helps.

• Navigate to System Properties by right clicking
      Properties from my computer.
    • Click on Advanced and click on
      Performance settings
    • In Visual Effects tab of Performance Options window, click
      Custom. Then deselect the following items to Disable some unnecessary eye candy:
    • Uncheck Smooth-scroll list boxes.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Thanatica Win User
    How to disable smooth scrolling?

Thanks for the clean boot suggestion.

But in the clean boot, where do I then go to disable smooth scrolling?...

Thanatica, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Disable smooth scrolling

What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Disable smooth scrolling

1. Disable smooth scrolling - Similar Threads - Disable smooth scrolling

2. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  3. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  4. Disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app: How do I disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app?I need this for accessibility reasons. I can't handle smooth scrolling, due to motion sensitivity. Thanks....
  5. Disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app

Disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app: How do I disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app?I need this for accessibility reasons. I can't handle smooth scrolling, due to motion sensitivity. Thanks....
  6. How do i disable smooth scrolling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i disable smooth scrolling?: I formatted my computer and im unable to disable smooth scrolling for non MS stuff, meaning start menu and explorer works fine, but everything else like chrome, steam, discord, etc, still has smooth scrolling. And no, setting the chrome flag is not a fix. submitted by...
  7. Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 11: Hi,I can not find a way to fully turn off smooth scrolling for Windows 11. The effect gives me a headache and makes Windows difficult to use for me. I have already gone into the performance settings and turned off animations. I have also turned off animation effects in the...
  8. Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 11

Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 11: Hi,I can not find a way to fully turn off smooth scrolling for Windows 11. The effect gives me a headache and makes Windows difficult to use for me. I have already gone into the performance settings and turned off animations. I have also turned off animation effects in the...
  9. Smooth scroll disable in Settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smooth scroll disable in Settings app: How do I disable smooth scrolling and ONLY smooth scrolling!! in the Settings app?I need this for accessibility reasons. I can't handle smooth scrolling. Thanks....
  10. Smooth scroll disable in Settings app

Smooth scroll disable in Settings app: How do I disable smooth scrolling and ONLY smooth scrolling!! in the Settings app?I need this for accessibility reasons. I can't handle smooth scrolling. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 11 Mousce scrolling smooth