Windows 10: Disable snapping between monitors.

Discus and support Disable snapping between monitors. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows snapping is amazing but I'd like to disable it on the left side of my main monitor and the right side of the second monitor to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarkMonkey98, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Disable snapping between monitors.

Windows snapping is amazing but I'd like to disable it on the left side of my main monitor and the right side of the second monitor to be able to freely move applications between the two without having to let go of left-click and then continue dragging from the other.

Has anyone come across any solutions? any registry editing that can be done to achieve this?

submitted by /u/DarkMonkey98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DarkMonkey98, Oct 8, 2020

2. Disable aero snap between monitors

Hello.

I have had windows 10 for about a year now and are useing a multi monitor setup. I found out the first day after I installes windows 10 that the aero snap was going to be realy annoying so I did a lot of searching to try and disable the problem or work around
    it. I found that I cud disable it but that also ment that I cud no longer grab and drag maximized windoes like I can with aero snap active. I can also not snap the windows to the top of the screen like I want to keep. So I desided to keep the snap on and see
    if I cud get used to it, as you might guess I am not used to it and are about to go mad.

So what I want is to ask is if there is a way to disable aero snap between monitors and sticky corners, but keep the snap to the top of the screens like we had in windows 7.

RubenRotmo, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors

Hi Vincekiss I would suggest you to try configuring multiple monitors and check if the issue is fixed.

Refer to the following Microsoft Help article to configure multiple monitors. The steps for Windows 8/Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Another way to fix is to go into settings, system, multitasking and disable snap... However this disables it completely.

BiohazardBR, Oct 8, 2020
  4. mgrinnell Win User

Disable snapping between monitors.

Disabling Snap also disables shortcut to move windows between monitors

After switching my second monitor to one that exactly matched my primary in resolution and pixel size, I had a lot of trouble dragging windows between monitors on Windows 10. At any reasonable speed, as my cursor hit the boundary between the two monitors,
    Windows wanted to grab the window and not let go. The problem was Windows Snap. Snap might be useful for a single monitor system, automating window sizing so you can see two windows as large as possible simultaneously. It's less useful with multiple monitors,
    hence many helpful tips on the web about how to turn it off.

The thing that makes no sense is that disabling Snap, which many people with multiple monitors seem to want to figure out how to do, also disables the "Windows logo key + Shift + Left arrow or Right arrow" keyboard
    shortcut that moves a window from one monitor to another, described under Windows logo key keyboard shortcuts here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts.

Is it possible to disable Snap without disabling that keyboard shortcut?

mgrinnell, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Disable snapping between monitors.

1. Disable snapping between monitors. - Similar Threads - Disable snapping between

2. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Snap to" with multiple monitors: Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my...
  3. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Snap to" with multiple monitors: Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my...
  4. Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Snapping - Portrait Monitors: I understand this question has been asked years ago. I'm looking to just continue bugging Microsoft to implement such a simple feature. When operating with a secondary monitor in portrait mode, why is there no keyboard shortcut to snap to the top/bottom halves of the portrait...
  5. Disabling Snap also disables shortcut to move windows between monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Snap also disables shortcut to move windows between monitors: After switching my second monitor to one that exactly matched my primary in resolution and pixel size, I had a lot of trouble dragging windows between monitors on Windows 10. At any reasonable speed, as my cursor hit the boundary between the two monitors, Windows wanted to...
  6. Disable Delay side snap for Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable Delay side snap for Dual Monitor: Hello, How do I disable the Snap setting for when I move my window from one monitor to the other? All the answers I found for this are now outdated. Thanks!...
  7. Applications and windows keep trying to snap between my monitors.

Applications and windows keep trying to snap between my monitors.: Hello, I just got another monitor and everything had been going smoothly for a while. I had no issues, until about 2 hours ago, when any time I would try to drag my windows from one monitor to the other it would try to snap the window between my monitors instead of letting me...
  8. Disabling Snap

Disabling Snap: I would like to disable snap. Snap windows is turned off, but still after idle time even short, the operating system automatically drags all open windows to the top left corner of my screen and shrinks them. What should I do? Thanks, Efrat...
  9. Disabling snap

Disabling snap: In Windows 10, I have disabled snap, both from Display--> Multitasking, and checked from Ease of Access Center --> Make the mouse easier to use, have checked "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen". Still, each window goes to...
  10. Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

Windows snapping between multiple monitors.: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...