Windows 10: Disable spacebar starting search in file expoler

Discus and support Disable spacebar starting search in file expoler in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I disable spacebar starting search in file explorer? Every time I hit the spacebar in file explorer it starts a folder search in the search bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Werner777, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Werner777 Win User

Disable spacebar starting search in file expoler

How do I disable spacebar starting search in file explorer? Every time I hit the spacebar in file explorer it starts a folder search in the search bar and opens search tools. I am using an app to preview video files. This is negating the installed app to launch video files in a separate window.

:)

Werner777, Mar 31, 2020

2. disable the start menu search

Hi Darrell,

If you really don’t use Windows Search much, you can disable indexing completely by turning off the Windows Search service. However, disabling the open file menu is not possible in Windows 10.

To disable the Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start and search for Services.
    • Select Services from the list of results.
    • On the right side of the Services window, find the
      Windows Search
      entry and click it twice.
    • In the Startup type drop-down menu, select the
      Disabled
      option. This will prevent Windows Search from loading the next time you start your computer.
    • Click the Stop button to go ahead and stop the Windows Search service now. When the service has stopped, click on
      Apply button.
    • Click on OK button, and then restart your computer.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Disable spacebar starting search in file expoler 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Disable spacebar starting search in file expoler

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disable spacebar starting search in file expoler a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Disable spacebar starting search in file expoler

1. Disable spacebar starting search in file expoler - Similar Threads - Disable spacebar starting

2. Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?: How can I disable win + spacebar switch keyboard language. NOT all shortcuts, NOT win + spacebar shortcut as it is im using it for power tools search.JUST disable it from switching my keyboard language....
  3. Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?: How can I disable win + spacebar switch keyboard language. NOT all shortcuts, NOT win + spacebar shortcut as it is im using it for power tools search.JUST disable it from switching my keyboard language....
  4. Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello: Hi CommunityCurrently, when using the camera to log in with Windows Hello, both my built-in or USB3 cameras recognize me. However, I still have to press the spacebar to complete the authentication process. I would like Windows to recognize my face and automatically open it....
  5. Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello: Hi CommunityCurrently, when using the camera to log in with Windows Hello, both my built-in or USB3 cameras recognize me. However, I still have to press the spacebar to complete the authentication process. I would like Windows to recognize my face and automatically open it....
  6. Disable Start Menu Web Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Start Menu Web Search?: What's the current way to disable the web search? Preferably without editing the registry submitted by /u/HeyLittleMonkey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ptap/disable_start_menu_web_search/
  7. disable "recommended" in start search result.

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable "recommended" in start search result.: how to disable "recommended" result in start menu search. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-recommended-in-start-search-result/f33d4a61-353d-42c2-a16f-8b796813656d
  8. Windows 10 - File Expoler, Dashboard, Windows Falling apart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - File Expoler, Dashboard, Windows Falling apart: Hi! I have a problem for likely a Year and until this moment I could live with it I just accepted it maybe was waiting for a fix.. So the specific problem is that sometimes the dashboard fall apart and I can see the time icon replaced the Windows button at the tray, or...
  9. disable web search start menu 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable web search start menu 1909: Does anyone know how to disable the start menu sending everything you type in there to microsoft? I tried the tricks from previous builds ( reg entries forAllowSearchToUseLocation,BingSearchEnabled and CortanaConsent ) but in 1909 it continues to send whatever I search for...
  10. Disable web searches in Start menu

in Cortana
    Disable web searches in Start menu: I need to be able to disable web searches in the Start menu. We have several Windows 10 laptops that we use to administer exams, and obviously we cannot have students able to search the internet during their exams. Having no way to disable this feature makes these laptops...