Windows 10: Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello

Discus and support Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi CommunityCurrently, when using the camera to log in with Windows Hello, both my built-in or USB3 cameras recognize me. However, I still have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cheezzer, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Cheezzer Win User

Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello

Hi CommunityCurrently, when using the camera to log in with Windows Hello, both my built-in or USB3 cameras recognize me. However, I still have to press the spacebar to complete the authentication process. I would like Windows to recognize my face and automatically open it. Q. How do I disable the need to press the Spacebar to Sign In with Windows HelloMy Specs:Windows 11 ProVersion: 10.0.22000 Build 22000NOT running Windows Insider Program for the love of the computer godsCameras:HP Wide Vision HD CameraLogitech BrioThanks in advance

:)

Cheezzer, Sep 10, 2022

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Sep 10, 2022
  3. PIN Box Missing - After Update - Windows Hello

Thank you for all the information.

To assist you better with your concern, we suggest that you disable Windows Hello. This should prevent you from getting issues in logging-in to your computer.

To do it, kindly follow the steps below:

• On your Cortana, type "Settings", and then press Enter.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options.
    • Disable Windows Hello.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Sep 10, 2022
  4. Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello

Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Sep 10, 2022
Thema:

Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello

1. Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Disable Spacebar Sign

2. Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Spacebar to Sign In with Windows Hello: Hi CommunityCurrently, when using the camera to log in with Windows Hello, both my built-in or USB3 cameras recognize me. However, I still have to press the spacebar to complete the authentication process. I would like Windows to recognize my face and automatically open it....
  3. Windows Hello Sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Sign in: I never installed Hello pin in my device. Now every thing I want sync or change in PC needs that pin which i don't know. Reset Option is not available in the sing in option. Forgotten Pin does not work. I am stuck in somewhere from long and it is a loop. Can any one help...
  4. Windows Hello Sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Sign in: I never installed Hello pin in my device. Now every thing I want sync or change in PC needs that pin which i don't know. Reset Option is not available in the sing in option. Forgotten Pin does not work. I am stuck in somewhere from long and it is a loop. Can any one help...
  5. How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...

How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...: After the April update, windows10 is asking to set up Hello PIN when computer gets locked up.Hell PIN has gotten after me and can't be tackled using old solutions.Please provide solution to do away the hell pin permanently....
  6. WINDOWS HELLO DISABLE

WINDOWS HELLO DISABLE: hello All, I am unable to disable window hello every gpedit and regisry key but it didnt work. Regard Ayub Hi Tom, Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work the way they are expected...
  7. Windows Hello Sign-In

Windows Hello Sign-In: When I set up the windows hello fingerprint scan the option to sign in with the face recognition scan stopped. To sign in I now only have the fingerprint scan, password, or key options. There is no option to remove the fingerprint scan under settings only the face...
  8. Windows hello sign in

Windows hello sign in: Hi Have clean installed windows 10 Version 1903 ,Build 18362.30 on and hp spectre laptop. Am unable to to activate windows Hello when logged with my domain account credentials. From a local account its working ok. Have tried editing the local group policy settings but...
  9. Windows hello sign in

Windows hello sign in: I cant open Facial recognition in Windows hello, and the error keeps on saying the camera is not on, even though it is. I have to sign in through a pin. Can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-sign-in/f80f4c94-315a-47a4-ae0b-2acae655a6a5
  10. Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC: Because face recognition, fingerprint or Yubikey are more secure, I want to disable password sign in on my computer. I tried netplwiz and unchecking 'user must enter a user name and password to use this computer', but then the PC starts without any sign in option, so no...