Windows 10: Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

Discus and support Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,Does anyone know to to remove the "today" section from the search function in Windows 10?When I search for something op my PC, I see some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bruinemuis, May 22, 2022.

1. Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

Hi everyone,Does anyone know to to remove the "today" section from the search function in Windows 10?When I search for something op my PC, I see some spam from Windows, this week about the Rietvlei Nature Reserve. Clicking it opens Bing in Microsoft Edge. I do not want to see this, does anyone know how to disable it?I have a Samsung 740U laptop with Window 10 Home 2H21.The Windows adds or "fun facts", as they call them from the lockscreen have already been disabled. Unfortunately, I cannot find any settings for this in the search settings.

:)

Bruinemuis, May 22, 2022
  2. Shadoi Win User

Disable Search Function

Greetings all,

I need to disable the Search function in Windows 10 Pro. Upgraded from Windows 7, where the Search function was listed as a feature and could be disabled as one through the Control Panel. Apparently not so in Win 10 as it's not listed as feature.

I can disable Cortana and using the Search function to search the web,but in need of disabling the Search function entirely. Computer is in a public environment and needs to be locked down. The unit has only one purpose and that is accessed through the browser.

I am unable to find a way through the Policy settings and through PowerShell.

Appreciate the help,

Russ

Shadoi, May 22, 2022
  3. Windows Picture Fun Facts

Hello Microsoft!

I really want to put picture and add fun facts in lockscreen but fun facts in lockscreen it's not working so I hope you can solve this problem (Windows 10 Pro Edition)

KevincraftDapper, May 22, 2022
  4. Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

Fun Facts

I'm trying to get my fun facts button back to my log on screen. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen, I see the button that turns this feature on and off but I can get it to stay on. No matter what background setting I set it to, when I
    leave the Lock Screen page and then go back to it, the fun facts setting is always set to the off position. Any ideas on how to keep this setting turned on?

Kurt Fahrenkamp, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

1. Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable spam fun

2. Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10: Hi everyone,Does anyone know to to remove the "today" section from the search function in Windows 10?When I search for something op my PC, I see some spam from Windows, this week about the Rietvlei Nature Reserve. Clicking it opens Bing in Microsoft Edge. I do not want to see...
  3. Fun, facts and tips not showing up on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fun, facts and tips not showing up on Lockscreen: My lockscreen spotlight picture is changing I think but I can't get the fun, facts and tips to show up to ask me if I like the picture presented. I have done everything I could find and it still does not work. One thing that is missing from my background apps that you are...
  4. Fun fact! Did you know...

Fun fact! Did you know...: Hi,Did you know that the Settings app is actually a browser? Don't believe me? I'll show you.Open the Settings app and press the F7 key. A pop-up comes, asking if you wanna turn on caret browsing.This proves that it's a browser.The actual truth is, the Settings app was made...
  5. Windows Spotlight Fun Fact

Windows Spotlight Fun Fact: Recently I reinstalled my Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version. after that in lock screen I'm not able to set windows spot light as lock screen wallpaper. on the top the window *some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. But I'm using my personnel laptop. How...
  6. Windows Picture Fun Facts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Picture Fun Facts: Hello Microsoft! I really want to put picture and add fun facts in lockscreen but fun facts in lockscreen it's not working so I hope you can solve this problem Windows 10 Pro Edition...
  7. Fun Facts

Fun Facts: I'm trying to get my fun facts button back to my log on screen. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen, I see the button that turns this feature on and off but I can get it to stay on. No matter what background setting I set it to, when I leave the Lock Screen...
  8. Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?: My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off? I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I tried a method suggested in another thread (switch the lock screen to "Picture" or "Slide Show", turn...
  9. Missing Fun Facts in Lock Screen

Missing Fun Facts in Lock Screen: For some time now I've had missing fun facts in Windows Spotlight on the Lock Screen. Its the same on my old insider PC which uses the same account which makes me wonder if its a setting thats being synced. My Mum's PC has Windows Spotlight with fun facts working and...
  10. Lock screen fun facts and tips...

Lock screen fun facts and tips...: hi, I have my lock screen set to “picture” I have the setting for get more fun facts tips... set to on.. When I lock the pc the fun facts and tips do not show... Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank You 104037