Windows 10: Disable specific error message

Discus and support Disable specific error message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable event viewer error #69 reporting - only? Thanks. 67975 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Oct 25, 2016.

1. borgus Win User

Disable specific error message

Is there a way to disable event viewer error #69 reporting - only?

Thanks.

:)

borgus, Oct 25, 2016

2. Disable specific error report

Hello Borate,

There is no way for us to disable error 69 reporting from the Event Viewer. However, we can create a custom filter for the event logs and hide error 69 from the report. You may follow these steps, how to:

• Open Event Viewer. Under Windows logs, click
      System.
      Disable specific error message [​IMG]
    • On the Action tab, click Filter Current Log.

• You can now filter error 69 using Filter current log. On the screenshot provided, I filtered the error 69. I type in 1-69, and starts again with 70-100000 so it will not count in error 69. Once you’re done, click Okay.

• Click Save Filter to Custom View. Add the name
      and description then click OK.

Hiding or stopping Event Viewer from reporting Error 69 may not address the root cause of this issue. We would highly suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) scans to check for missing or corrupted
    system files, if there are any. To run the said scans, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands, one after the other completes the scan:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    If the results of SFC or DISM scan would state that it found corrupted files and repaired those, you would need to restart your computer to apply the changes. Afterwards, check if you would still encounter the Error 69 from Event Viewer which you were getting.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Oct 25, 2016
  3. borate Win User
    Disable specific error report

Is there a way to disable event viewer error #69 reporting - only?

Thanks

borate, Oct 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

No, because it is the Operating System telling you that there is a problem. Helps to have you post a copy of the exact error that you are seeing.

bro67, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Disable specific error message - Similar Threads - Disable specific error

2. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  3. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  4. How to disable a specific key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable a specific key?: Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-a-specific-key/2cd3e324-e7ac-4c73-a1ac-9c2f1005d019
  5. How to disable a specific key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable a specific key?: Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-a-specific-key/2cd3e324-e7ac-4c73-a1ac-9c2f1005d019
  6. Error Message ":Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. "

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Message ":Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. ": I have the error :Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. Unable to download anything. Please helpI have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-windows-cannot-access-the-specific/e65ee820-8fc7-4e19-941f-c64d357e69fd
  7. Disable a device for a specific user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable a device for a specific user: Is there any way to disable an external microphone for a specific user, while keeping it active on other? submitted by /u/Manue_12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg9p5p/disable_a_device_for_a_specific_user/
  8. Getting a new error message regarding specific places in memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting a new error message regarding specific places in memory: During the last few days I've been getting a warning message that references a particular place in memory. The location has been the same each time I've seen it, but it doesn't always appear. Seeing as how pretty much everything is centered around memory, I thought it might...
  9. Disable specific keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable specific keyboard shortcut: Hi I have a severe problem with the shortcut "Alt+Ctl+z" as when I press it, it zooms on screen which caused me the undo problem in photoshop. I can't get any step backward more than once. Any ideas of how can this problem can be fixed? Thanks...
  10. Disable a specific update or all updates for specific software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable a specific update or all updates for specific software: I have been regularly receiving an update titled "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP Deskjet 3510 series" that is for my printer. After attempting the update it always displays Error 0x8024200b. I do not need this update, and would like it to disappear forever, but...