Windows 10: Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER

Discus and support Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Most of my PCs have 2 hard drives - first SSD and second mechanical. So I disable defragmentation for SSD disk and change schedule to monthly for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tsdfhw45y6, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER

Most of my PCs have 2 hard drives - first SSD and second mechanical. So I disable defragmentation for SSD disk and change schedule to monthly for the second disk. But after any feature update installation configuration is changing to the the default weekly runs for all hard drives.

How can I change automatic configuration and store it forever in my Windows installation, so it would be unnecessary to review it after any big update installed?

:)

tsdfhw45y6, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Aj LeeZE Win User

Disable Defragmentation for SSD

How to disable defragmentation for SSD in Windows 10 ?

Aj LeeZE, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Disable Defragmentation for SSD

Hi Stanislav,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to disable defragmentation on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Defragmentation is the process of consolidating fragmented data on a volume (such as a hard disk or a storage device). It rearranges fragmented data so your disks and drives can work more efficiently.

Follow the below steps to disable Defragmentation for Solid State Drives:

1. Launch the File Explorer (press Windows logo + E keys) right-click on the Solid State Drive disk, select

Properties and press the Tools tab.

2. Under Optimize and defragment drive, click on the
    Optimize button.

3. The Optimize Drives box will open. Click on the Change settings
    box.

4. Uncheck the Run on a schedule check-box and Click OK. This will disable Defragmentation.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER

disk defragmentation

Hi,

To defragment your hard disk:

1. Click the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then in the list of results, click Disk Defragmenter.

2. Select the disk you want to defragment.

3. Click Analyze disk to determine if the disk needs to be defragmented or not.

4. If fragmentation is above 10%, you should defragment the disk.

5. Click Defragment disk, in order to defragment the disk.

(The above method is based on Disk Defragmenter tool for Windows 8)

Code:
    [url='https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10']Upgrade to Windows 10[/url]

sayedarifuddinpallab, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER

1. Disable SSD disk defragmentation FOREVER - Similar Threads - Disable SSD disk

2. system disk defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system disk defragmentation: MY system drive is 94 % fragmented. used defrag command but it stops after two passes and does not optimize. I am using hp probook 4530s with windows 10 on it . Any help please....
  3. system disk defragmentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system disk defragmentation: MY system drive is 94 % fragmented. used defrag command but it stops after two passes and does not optimize. I am using hp probook 4530s with windows 10 on it . Any help please....
  4. Disabling SSD Scheduled optimization Defragmentation

Disabling SSD Scheduled optimization Defragmentation: I've read that one of the hints to increase the SSD's lifespan and to prevent losing data is through: Optimize Drives / Scheduled optimization / Off Disable. Is that true? Can disabling the scheduled optimization frequency e.g. weekly prevent early damage of SSD? What...
  5. Disk Defragmentation

Disk Defragmentation: Good Morning, I have a Touchsmart computer with Windows 10 Version 1903. I was doing defragmentation of my computer this morning and ran into the following issue. Never had any problem before. C: Drive D: Drive System System showed 14% fragmented and it would...
  6. Is this disk defragmenter's problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this disk defragmenter's problem?: My disk is 1tb After i merge c drive and ddrive the defragmenter stuck Then i unmerge them the disk defragmenter worked and it didnt stuck Is this the defragmenter problem or the system problem?...
  7. Disk defragmenter stuck

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk defragmenter stuck: My disk defragmenter stuck on pass 1:55 relocated After a few minute,it reoptimize again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragmenter-stuck/3c86ae80-939d-4aa9-89ed-1ba8f96e7550"
  8. Disk defragmenter running even though it's disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk defragmenter running even though it's disabled: I just caught disk defragmenter running when I didn't want it to. Windows seems to love running things without my permission. I just doubled-checked the settings under "defragment and optimize drives" and it is off for all drives: Drives are not being optimized automatically...
  9. Disk defragmenter running even though it's disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk defragmenter running even though it's disabled: I just caught disk defragmenter running when I didn't want it to. Windows seems to love running things without my permission. I just doubled-checked the settings under "defragment and optimize drives" and it is off for all drives: Drives are not being optimized automatically...
  10. Defragmentation of SSD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defragmentation of SSD's: hey guys, since Build 14295 my SSD's defrag starts automatically . The new Build , right now 14328 changes the settings and i have to reset this manually, to prevent this to happen. Am I the only one here? Jut to let you know Jeff 48360